NAD amplifiers

rayok275

How do NAD amplifiers sound when matched up with Klipsch reference speakers. I am looking at the NAD S250 (2x200 or 5x125). I Have RB 75 bookshelf speakers with the RC35 and RS35 surrounds. I am wondering about its sound characteristics and power output. If anyone has this amp, please respond.

Thanks,

Ray

NAD make some great sounding amps. One of my current favourites is the little 320BEE. They are releasing a new budget surround sound receiver soon. The 743. 50 watts per channel, all channels driven with preouts for someone like me who wouuld consider a tube power amp for the Klipschorns, with the little NAD running the centre and surrounds. It's got some interesting possibilities.

Guest Anonymous

i really like my nad stuff, and it has driven one of my buddies to go out and start to demo a bunch of nad stuff, he thinks he is set on nad after demoing both rotel and nad in his home but he has not bought stuff yet

i bought my 2 nad amps from jm and they work great

----------------

On 1/9/2005 10:32:16 PM j-malotky wrote:

NAD's are nice.

If I were you, I would look into buying older used NAD amps. I for one think the older NAD's sound better than the newer ones and caan be had for a great price.

JM

----------------

I would second JM's advice.

You'll have money left over and still have great sound in SS.

dodger

not sure where you are looking for your NAD S250 but in Chicago, Saturday Audio Excahnge is selling the S250 for $999

they claim the list price is $2500, which would put this amp way out of line with other manufactors in the 125 w per channel range for a 5 channel amp.

there are a lot of 5 channel amps out there around the $1000 mark

the next big jump seem to go up to around $2000 for 175 to 200 w per channel