Most Absurd Product Contest

Ray Garrison

----------------

On 1/13/2005 2:40:58 AM cwm wrote:

The "Bybee quantum purifier"

They still argue over this one........

----------------

At the risk of starting a riot, I'll tell my experience about these.

I lent (lended???) my Lamhorns 1.8 to Robert Lamarre from RL Acoustique so he could have a pair of his own speakers at the 2002 Montreal Audio Show (go figure...).

When he brought them back to me I noticed they sounded better to my ear (be aware that "better" might be "different" for another listener). I called Ole Bob to see if he did something on them like adding or modifying the damping. He then told me about the Bybee filter he installed on the driver binding posts.

So to my ear the Bybee filter did improve the sound. Why do they work is another story though. I hate to pseudo-magico-scientific argument they put out in their web site or white paper. I tried to figure out what was in these little things but couldn't without breaking them apart. It must be a filter of some sort.

----------------

On 1/11/2005 9:22:07 PM garymd wrote:

I always get a kick out of the product guaranteed to correct male erectile disfunction.

----------------

Gary,

I thought that was what this is for:

sr-255-ani.gif

don't feel bad Jeff, you are in good company, john curl and others swear by these things. The inventor designed equipment for nuclear submarine electronics and this bybee filter is supposed to utilize the same technology that the subs use to ensure stealth. lots of nysayers and the inventor does not say much about what is inside or how they work, but many people hear a difference with them in place. warm regards, tony

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/11/2005 7:08:04 PM D-MAN wrote:

Yeah, well, MY tweeter goes SOOO high that it has to be licensed by the FCC as a type B transmission device!

It will also track in coming missiles and warm up my coffee!

DM
2.gif

----------------

does it make cole slaw too?