Any military members on the forum?

tommyboy

US Navy 11 1/2 years and still going until retirment. stationed in sigonella, sicily from 1994-1997 where i bought most of my klipsch (and other speaker brands) for about half off. been stationed since then at NAS Oceana AIMD, Virginia Beach. doing two Deployments one on the USS Enterprise, and The other On the USS Roosevelt. Getting reading to leave the family again on another Deployment with the USS Roosevelt here shortly, so in a few months you may not hear from me to much.

Retired in '03 after 27 years in the Air Force. Had a pair of K-Horns which I shipped around the world for about 7 years before getting tired of trying to fit them into a different house every PCS. Just recently acquired a set of Belle Klipsch which I'm in the process of modifying with ALK crossovers, Altec 902 drivers, Altec 811b horns, Beyma CP-25 tweeters.

Mick Bell

My dad was in the Navy, and we were stationed in Okinawa, japan. That's where I bought my first center speaker, and it happened to be a klipsch. This was in 95, and I still have it today. It's been retired to my bedroom, but still sounds pretty good. It's nice to see that others have also, or are still serving now.

----------------

On 1/13/2005 1:18:30 AM J.4knee wrote:

I was in the US Navy for 9 1/2 years. I spent 7 1/2 years in Japan, which is where I bought my La Scala's in the Fleet Exchange in Yokosuka. I beleive "Krustyoldsarge" on active duty in the Army in Korea.

----------------

Hey knee, thanks for remembering me!

1.gif

Actually I'm a retired Air Force MSgt. Main overseas postings were Germany, France (for the Bosnia war), and Korea.

These days, I'm a defense contractor in Korea working with the Army.

Bought my first Klipsches in 1974 (Heresies) as an A1C in Louisiana.

La Scala's from the Yokosuka Fleet Exchange! The Yokosuka NEX is the most impressive exchange store I have ever seen anywhere. NEX rules! Wish they'd take over AAFES operations during this merger!

Anyone else here on the ROK?

Air Force, 93-96... was part of the Lowry/ Lackland Express Moving Company (was part of last class before before closed)... did TDY's and more. Loved it so much they had to Kick me out. enh, joke em if they can't take a screw.

"Honest sir, I only realized she was your wife, after I saw one of your silver clusters got mixed up in my laundry...

...yes Sir, I like my piddly three stripes..."

Can we say OOPS!

----------------

On 1/16/2005 3:06:06 PM skonopa wrote:

As to what kind of guns? When I started, the unit I was in had M102A towed-artillery. These where little 105MM guns. About 3 years in, we transitioned to M109 Self-Propelled (155 MM) (28th Inf transitioned from light to mechanized). That was friggan cool! Unfortunatly not to long after that, I had to move to VA and and to transfer to the VA National Guard. The unit in Richmond that I was a light infantry unit, so it was back to the 105MM towed artillery again.

That was some fun stuff, though. I'd do it again if I had to.

----------------

Steve, I started on M109 SPs and then we went to all 8 inchers. Compared to those two, the 105s were peep squeaks. Kinda like going from Heresys to Cornwalls to K-Horns.