Martion Orgon dream horn speaker!!!!!

Shock-Late

Just found a review in a german high-end magazine.

It's a four way, active, all hornloaded speaker, based on oversized klipschorn-style cornerhorns with 18inches woofers, 12inch mid-bass loaded by round 30+inches horns, midranges and tweeters.

Total power/channel: 450Watts RMS; tweeter and mid amps are in pure class A.

Connections and amps are all balanced.

Said to sound incredible.

Price? just guess 14.gif

but if I win the lottery, i know i'll buy these.

post-5056-13819261118598_thumb.jpg

dubai,

"mediocre review"? have you read it?

I think it must sound better than a klipschorn because it has klipsch's strenghts (the bass horn) and probably has better mid and high drivers.

It's a four way design, allowing the bass horn to take care only of frequencies under 150Hz, hence the bigger (18inches) woofer. It probably goes deeper than the klipschorn.

Add then the fact that the 12inches midbass driver is handled by a non-folded horn, and the fact that each driver has its own amplifier. Multi amplification. The royal way.

That's a lot.

I personnaly think it's ridiculous to say that everything "non klipsch" is crap.

Klipschorns are fantastic speakers, we all agree with that. But if you're loaded and wanna spend the money, you can have better horn speakers. IMHO.

its looks a little like the avant garde trio...I wonder if that tweeter has wierd dispersion problems tucked in behind the biggest horn? I tend to think this speaker might not have the engineering and testing behind it that would ensure best of breed sound...for that kind of money, I want a company with an R&D department and a LOT of test equipment to have worked on the speaker...regards, tony

If it's the one in 'stereoplay' -yes. What they basically say is that it is as dynamic as a live event and that it is also able show differences between the quality of various recordings and equipment. Yes, this is quite something, but doesn't your La Scala do a lot of the same thing (bearing in mind bass limits)?

I have never said that everything non-Klipsch is crap! Of course there are other great speakers (I still have fond memories of Quad ESL63s or some small Harbeth mini monitor), but I am sure one wouldn't have to spend EUR 40.000 to achive excellent sonic results.

Wolfram

I love the idea of a midbass with the Khorn. Imagine running a midbass from 100 - 400 hz coupled through the Khorn crossovers with the Khorn mids and tweets and then using the Khorn bass bins from 100hz and down. You could run a separate amp on the bass bins and a really nice pair of monobloc SET amps on the rest. Hmmmmmmmmm. 1.gif

Greg

Or just the La Scala bass bin. I'm working on something like this for my setup. But the La Scala won't fit very nicely on top of the Khorn and the WAF is very low. I have managed to talk her into letting me try something up top there though, so I'm making progress!

Another Khorn bass bin might work well. Lots more wonderful wood to look at too!

Greg