Reference vs Synergy Series for HT

ct1615

I assume this question has been asked 1 million times so I will ask for the 1 million and 1st time. I own the following set-up;

Ksc-c1

ksb2.1

ksb1.1

Boston Acoustic CR400

Yamaha RV730

I bought my speaker system from Tweeter between 98-99. I'm not looking to trade up, it works just fine. Tweeter no longer carries the synergy series but best buy does so I went there to listen to the new synergy speakers, I thought they where ok. I can't find the reference series in my area (Charlotte). I have never listened to them (Tweeter never carried it in my local stores). What does it sound like compared to the synergy series? I'm just curious. 10.gif

I have SF-1 as mains, SB-1 as rears, and KSC-C1 center and was quite happy. As seen in my sig I am upgrading to Reference stuff. I have so far only received the RC-25, and there is a very noticable difference in it. Much clearer sound compared to the Synergy center. Don't get me wrong, the Synergy sounded nice, but the Reference is better. Now I am waiting for the RF-25's and RB-15's to show later this week!

ct1615, have you tried the dealer locator on the Klipsch website? There is one Reference dealer in Pineville and another in Crown Pointe. Also, if you don't mind a 40 mile or so drive, the dealer I use is in Conover near Hickory.

Good luck!

Let me tell you there is a huge difference.....I bought the Synergy series from Best Buy to demo first.....sounded ok, but lacked the bass and full sounf I wanted....so I went to demo the reference at a local dealer....

I walked out that day with RF-35 and RC-35 and returned the Synergy. I don't think you can go wrong with the Reference....definitely worth the extra money.

I got my RF-35s from SoundTrack (aka Ultimate Electronics), and they gave me a good deal since I was paying cash. That's niether here nr there since there aren't any near Charlette, but I CAN tell you that the reference series totally blows away the synergy series, especially if you can step up to the -35 series or higher. Especially for music, but even with DVDs the difference is very noticeable. Good luck!

Scott