Lookie what I got for $1499.26

Vavoline

WOW!!!!

I just got the mains connected, which was easy because I was already running them with a 150 WPC outboard amp.

Put in the Travelin Wilburys CD and let her rip. My Cornwalls have NEVER sounded this good. I do not have the most discriminating ear, due to a life of shooting all types of guns, long and short, and jockeying around the farm on old Farmall tractors for so many years in my youth.

But I am here to tell you, I can hear a BIG difference. And if I can hear it, then it has to be a VERY noticeable difference.

I am one happy guy right now!!!

Off to Rat Shack I go to get cables to hook up the center and rears.

Life is good!

Well, I just couldn't wait until Tuesday. I should have taken a nap today, as I have to work four 12 hr nights in a row starting tonight, but I didn't think I would be able to sleep, so I did what any audio nut with new gear does, hooked it up!!

After calibrating everything with the trusty rat shack meter, I watched the first 40 min or so of T3, which I think has some pretty good sound effects.

WOW. It was really amazing. I don't really know how to describe it other than it seems so much "smoother" than before. And LOUD. With the receiver, I never went past -10, because it started sounding harsh. With the Sunfire, I played the crane chase scene at -5 and it sounded so good. Smooth is the only word that comes to mind. Just smoooooth and clear as a bell.

The meter was averaging about 100 db at this volume setting during most of the chase, with some peaks coming in at over 106, which pegged the meter when set on the 100 setting.

I can't wait until Tuesday. I will get off at 5:00 am and come home and sleep 4-5 hrs. Then it's Lord of The Rings time. I have played FOTR so many times in the last three years, I just know it's going to be like hearing for the first time with this Sunfire.

God bless Bob Carver.

I have never run my HT that high with a movie, -5 man that is cranked! My DBX 14/10's SPL meter goes to 119db and I have pegged it on a couple of occassions listening to music. So I was up over 120db I am sure, obviously no one was home at the time. I have not tried it since I got Khorns in the rear yet though. A couple a weeks ago when no one was around I turned it up a little more than usual and sat in disbelief at what I was hearing, it seems the more juice you put to the Heritage the more realistic and dynamic they get. Gotta love it! 9.gif

Kenratboy - No thanks, have one. When I get rid of it, I'm going with SVS PB12-plus/2 or PB12-Ultra/2. Then I will have some serious bass, although the JBLs go high in spl, I want something that digs a little deeper.

DANG,Kenratboy got him some Klipsch!!6.gif6.gif6.gif CONGRATULATIONS BUD!!!! I assume now you "get it". Proud for you, man.

If you haven't guessed, I have been away for a while...my loss.

Orangepeel - Thanks, yes it is actually unbelievable, the difference in sound. The amp was a demo, but they had the box, owners manual, and the glass base sitting in the storeroom. Darn thing is perfect, and I get the full 5 year factory warranty!!

Considering that four years ago I had a 27" TV, a two channel Pre Amp & Amp, CD player & Cassette deck, and two Cornwalls I guess I ain't doin' too bad.

This dam hobby is like hitting the proverbial crack pipe. Once it has you, it's all over.14.gif

----------------

On 1/21/2005 5:18:13 PM kenratboy wrote:

Wanna buy my JBL 4648A-8? I NEED it gone.

Nice amp. I have always wanted one.

----------------

That's the cabinet with two JBL 2226H 15" drivers right? What kind of price you looking for?

Vavoline,

You have to hear the Sunfire to believe it; there is no substitute to actually hearing it.

The good news-The CG II model thst you have is a later version and better than the model that I have. It has the current outputs on all three front channels, which is important if you use the current outputs IMO. It also has the better signal to noise ratio.

I have a Sunfire Signature Stereo amp on my mains. The bad news is that the Sunfire stereo amps are even better than the Cinema Grands.11.gif

Enjoy!!!!

Bill