Paradigm 2200 or RW-12 or SVS 20-39

D-Rex

Let's say all three of these subwoofers were within $50 of each other, which would be the best for mostly home theater application? Right now I am leaning towards the SVS 20-39.

Let me know your thoughts quickly, I need to make a decision and would certainly like to hear from those of you that have heard some of these!

Thanks,

D-Rex

Okay, I found lots of old posts about the RW-12, some even comparing them to an SVS sub but none specifically to the 20-39. However, it appears to me that the RW-12 isn't what I am wanting in regards to HT. So, that leaves me with the 20-39 versus the Paradigm 2200. Heck, lets throw in the HSU Research VTF-3 as well. If I could buy any one of these for $550-600 then which one would you say sounds the best?

Meanwhile, I will keep searching...

Thanks,

D-Rex

I was looking at the non- '+' version of the 20-39. I just can't seem to part with $900 to $1K for a subwoofer even though I will be getting my bonus next month and technically have the $ for once...

The Outlaw does look like a viable alternative, but I do wonder what differentiates it from a HSU Research sub.

I may get a Paradigm PW 2200 v2 but I am going to have to do some more reading on them.

I know someone will cringe when I say this, but check out the Dayton Titanic III 15" Subwoofer kit. For $700 shipped ($688 + spray-on adhesive + 5/34 hex wrench), this 15" monster with a 1000W amp, 20mm one-way excursion and near 3 liters of air displacement, is an unbeatable value.

----------------

On 1/27/2005 8:02:43 PM meuge wrote:

I know someone will cringe when I say this, but check out the Dayton Titanic III 15" Subwoofer kit. For $700 shipped ($688 + spray-on adhesive + 5/34 hex wrench), this 15" monster with a 1000W amp, 20mm one-way excursion and near 3 liters of air displacement, is an unbeatable value.

----------------

I was going to go that route and build my own box but decided I would rather have a "store bought" model first so I would have some point of reference for later when I do build my own. Plus, there seems to be some better driver technology hitting the market so I decided to do my DIY project at a later date and maybe the prices will have come down a little.