Easter Island Speaker Challenge

ooteedee

Ok, this is not really "Klipsch" related....

But....what if you were to make a speaker.... shaped like the paper model in the attached picture.

Any wild suggestions on what type of speaker it could be? (folded, baffeld, etc)

Where the speakers would be mounted? (Under the eyes, facial slots, rear facing, planar, hidden under cloth, etc)

I could be 4 to 5 feet tall.

Any ideas?

1.gif

post-16798-13819261294164_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

i would have a downfiring 10' sub on the bottom with a radiator on the back side in its own sealed enclosure powered by a krell mono sub amp with an active cross over, then i would use the k-horns built into the statue or something to that effect, with an active cross over as well

----------------

On 1/24/2005 7:49:18 PM Gramas701 wrote:

i would have a downfiring *10'* sub on the bottom with a radiator on the back side in its own sealed enclosure powered by a krell mono sub amp with an active cross over, then i would use the k-horns built into the statue or something to that effect, with an active cross over as well

----------------

(**)Surely this would be capable of 1 Hz, and would send a Tsunami ashore in China, PR or not. 9.gif

Just in case anyone wants to try it, attached you'll find the paper cutout plan.

(Print it out and tape it together on your lunch hour. It's cool for an office.)

To make a speaker, all you have to do to make the shape is scale up the dimensions from this pdf to what ever size you want, and cut the boards.

What goes inside would be the tough part.

Any suggestions and details would be great. I may do this. But the mathematics is beyond me at this point.

easter island head.pdf

Not knowing a thing about building speakers, why not make a hole where the mouth is and that can be the port (ala cornwall?) the eyes could (each) be a tweeter and perhaps the bottom of the nose plate could hide the woofer with the nose being the channel to the mouth.

Of course, several years later when the foam surround starts to fall apart it will look like your speakerhead has a terrible sinus problem

I'll let you figure out where to put the squawker 10.gif

(I'm not sure that sounded right, if not, I didn't mean it that way)

3.gif9.gif