For all you 2-channel enthusiats....

Amy

• Moderators

Here's the latest ProMedia 2.0 review.... Pick one up for a youngster who's begging to be introduced to what great audio is supposed to sound like, or keep one for yourself when you're on the go, or in a tight space!

If you think they're not all they are cracked up to be, Klipsch has a 30-day money back "no questions asked" if purchased from our webstore...(but I don't think you'll use it!)

http://www.livedigitally.com/2005/01/review-of-klipsch-promedia-ultra-20.html

• Moderators

----------------

On 1/25/2005 3:31:30 PM dodger wrote:

Shameless, self promotion, oh I'm at her website, Never Mind
3.gif
----------------

LOL

You guys know I rarely, if ever, use this forum to sell anything. It just so happens that I was on the development end of this system, and I'm so proud of our engineers for what they accomplished, I want to get the word out. I'm confident they will sell on their own once the ball is rolling.

I got sets for my 2 younger brothers for Christmas (who still live at home) and my dad has to make it a point to sarcastically thank me when I talk to him 2.gif

• Moderators

----------------

On 1/25/2005 3:21:11 PM paulieparrot wrote:

When they talk about playing "lousy" mp3s, I wonder if they mean "lossy"? If these are the same ones I heard demonstrated in Indy, they sounded remarkably good.----------------

Paul,

They are talking about mp3s ripped at 128Kbps (low, poor quality)...the speakers are so sensitive, they pick up the imperfections, where lower qualitiy speakers would just blend it. Having the 2.0s will definitely motivate users to upgrade their mp3 software!

This is not an issue when listening to 384Kbps mp3 or CDs, or any of the other many things these speakers can connect to...

• Moderators

----------------

On 1/25/2005 3:27:33 PM edwinr wrote:

Okay, you've sold me, Amy. I've got a ancient pair of Tsunami pro media speakers that I've been meaning to replace. That review is excellent. 'Hope' you sell heaps of them. Then you'll have more money to spend on the Heritage series update.
2.gif
----------------

Thanks, edwinr 9.gif

I'm not suprised. I have a pair of the first generation ProMedia 2.1 and had a friend drop by one day to listen to the KLF30s I was running at the time. I mentioned that I bought the 30s the same day that I bought the PMs. He had never heard the ProMedia and asked to hear them. I dropped a Dire Straits into the CD of my PC.

His jaw made a hollow thunking sound when it hit the floor. He said Hell!! I've heard full size systems that don't sound that good! ( This fellow runs Cornwalls so he is used to quality sound ).He told me that he was going to get rid of his Monsoons and pick up a set of ProMedias.

The ultras are presumably an improvement so must sound very good indeed.