Klipsch Cornerhorns

topfueltom

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Gary who? I'm a rookie remember, today is the first time this website has been loading as it should, for the past few days it's been taking forever for the pages to come up and for me to negotiate around here. These sound awesome, like nothing I have ever heard before, should I upgrade the xovers?

Regards,

TFT

----------------

On 1/28/2005 2:09:21 PM edwardre wrote:

Thomas - welcome.

P-Tom - I may have a pair of '76's, oiled walnut, absolutely mint as the day they were made condition available by the end of the year ('05). Two weeks ago my father had a stroke and the outlook is bleak, my mom is not able to maintain their 10 acre spread up on the Olympic penninsula in WA and is urging me to start cleaning out the place for eventual sale. I guess I'm in denial still, hoping and praying for some sort of meaningful recovery. He awoke from a coma the other day with all mental faculties intact, but other than his right arm, nothing else works. He can whisper and speech is not impacted. Essentially a sharp mind trapped in a dead body. Very sad as he was very active (we celebrated his 73rd birthday the day he came out of the coma, yesterday was his and my mother's 50th anniversary). Klipschorns were a special bond for us.

In any event, sometime this year I have to go fetch them up, I have 2 pairs already, I don't need another (actually the wife probably will not stand for it anyway). I will keep you in mind when the time comes. Price will be 'significantly less than you will find anywhere else'.

----------------

edwardre,

That's very kind. I would certainly appreciate you doing that. Thank you. So sorry to hear about your dad. I wish the best for him. I'll pray for him at church tomorrow.

I'm the Gary to which the above poster was referring.

I do have a nice tube amp for sale but also have another forum member or 2 interested. I also noticed you hadn't asked for one so it may work out well for both of us.2.gif

If you decide you want to go that route and my sale falls through, I'd be happy to talk to you about it. It sounds great with khorns and won't break the bank. But as we both know, it may be a little early in the game for you to be looking at tube amps. I could be wrong though. Stay here long enough and you'll own 4 or 5 in no time.11.gif9.gif

Edit: It would help if I read through the thread. Seems you may be looking afterall. Do a lot of research here and maybe some other places before making any decisions.

Hi Gary,

I will you know it, I was thinking maybe a Manley or something, but the amount of scratch will decide what I will get first and then the sale of my other amps as well will help give me more choices.

I remember an amp that was or had great reveiws but I can't remember the name of it, I thought it was Bottlehead or bottleneck is that right? Have you heard of them or have any input you can share with me?

TFT

----------------

On 1/29/2005 9:46:24 PM topfueltom wrote:

What year r they? We should get a group of cornerhorn owners together (like you do with bike owners) here in Ca, or all over for the matter and have corner parties, hahaha, serious though!!

think about man coolcatdaddyoooo......

Good listening

TFT
10.gif
----------------

Tom,

We do that already. Once a year in Indy or Hope, Arkansas. It's a lot of fun. There are a lot of other really nice Klipsch owners that you can network with for two days. Refer to the Klipsch Pilgramage threads for more info.

And then there's always the So Cal horn group meetings at Dr. Bruce Edgar's shop in Gardena. Just ask board member Andy Kubicki for more info about those and/or visit audioasylum.com. I was not able to attend the meeting they had today due to a Little League conflict. Yep, it's that time of year again.9.gif Life is good. Very good.1.gif

Hey how cool... if Andy is reading lay the good times on me babe! I can't wait for my 3 year old son to start LL, it will be great!!

Question... I really don't know much about tube amps and I'm trying to read all I can about them, I do not want to end up buying one or a pair of MB's and be stuck with a humming, (I hate humming coming from my stereo, not the regular kind, because I always do that :'), is this a common problem with tube amps that are reletivly inexpensive? What is the most important spec or guideline I should be aware of in determining a tube amp?

Any help would be mucho appreciated

TFT

9.gif

Hopefully someday soon yourself, Andy Kubicki, and maybe a few of the other horn fanatics can get together? I am willing to bring my VRD tube monos and also my JM-200 Peach anywhere within reason to hear them on Khorns. I have heard them on La Scala, Cornwall, Heresy, and Forte's since I own those models. I just know they will sound GREAT on Khorns, but I'd sure like to hear that combo first hand before I jump into a new pair. Sundays are the best for me now that LL is ramping up. Let me know if any So Cal members with Khorns would like to take me up on this. I know Andy will, we just can't seem to get the timing down due to work/family commitments.

Hi Gary,

Can you give me some advise, I know this is a stupid ? but I want to be sure, my positive (Red) hookup is # 2 on the crossovers right? I'm used to speakers clearly marked as + & -, I tend to worry to much over my sound.

I know you can dig what i'm saying..

TFT

P. S.

What is you have for sale? Do you make tube amps?

----------------

On 1/30/2005 2:29:54 AM Tom Mobley wrote:

>>>" I was not able to attend the meeting they had today due to a Little League conflict"

You did the right thing. Speakers are a hobby level thing, kids are a blood-level thing. You're a good man with head screwed on straight.

Tom----------------

Thanks Tom. You don't know how much I appreciate your kind words. 1.gif The same can be said about you.

----------------

On 1/30/2005 12:02:14 PM topfueltom wrote:

What is you have for sale? Do you make tube amps?----------------

Tom,

Craig at nosvalves.com makes and rebuilds tube amps. He does some real quality work. He has done so for garymd and myself many times. I would suggest that you email him your phone number. He'll call you back, answer all your questions, and give you some good advice.

You will do that, won't you Craig? 2.gif