Klipsch Reference Premier Details and Pricing

klpschfan

Guys, I just got an e-mail from the local Klipsch Rep with details of new things shown at CES this year. The most notable of which is the Reference Premier system. It will finally be released this year ( it says August specifically ). They also do not completely look like the ones you saw in the pics from last year, they have changed the style of the fronts of the speakers somewhat. The baffles are made of Aluminum and Fiberglass.

F-1 = 3 way tower with .75" Pure Titanium Super-High_frequency compression driver, 4.5" NOMEX mid-frequency driver ( there is a mid horn in the pic, I guess this is what they are talking about ), and dual 10" NOMEX woofers. Retail $6,000 pair.

C-1 = 3 way centetr channel with a .75" Pure Titanium SHF compression driver, ( and I think a missprint from here on out on this discription ) dual 4.5" NOMEX MF drivers ( pic shows 1 mid compression horn and dual 10" Nomex woofers, and no I am not kidding on the dual 10's, they are as large as the ones on the towers! The price indicates this also ). Retail $3000 each.

S-1 = Rear surrounds with dual 1" Pure Titanium Compression Drivers and Dual 6.5" Nomex woofers ( they look like the THX Ultra systems surrounds ). Retail $3000 per pair.

V-18W = Fully DSP controlled subwoofer with an active 15" driver and a passive 18". Has other elaborate features that details will be released later. Retail $4,000.

Upon further review of the picture, those are indeed 10's on each side of the Mid and Tweeter horns on the center. It is as tall as the towers are wide, but not as wide as the towers are tall, maybe 10-12 inches less. The towers have 3 what looks like 4" ports on the back, the cneter has 2 ports.

I don't know if the description given to me about the 4.5" mids was wrong, unless there are 4.5" compression mids. Looks like standard 90x40 tractrix compression horns on the mids though, with a thinner mid for the high frequencies.

The cones on the woofers no longer have the gold pointy cap in the center. These cones have no dust caps or anything in the center, they are smooth ( think JL Audio W7 if you are into car audio ).

I just talked to the Klipsch rep, there was a misprint in the description of the center channel. It only has 1 4.5" midrandge. And there are dual 8's on the center, not 10's, it just looks like 10's in the pic. I am hoping he was wrong and they are 10's.

And yes there is a 4.5" midrange driver inside the larger of the two compression horns. Has Klipsch ever used a 4.5" driver inside a compression chamber?

I just talked to the Klipsch rep, there was a misprint in the description of the center channel. It only has 1 4.5" midrandge. And there are dual 8's on the center, not 10's, it just looks like 10's in the pic. I am hoping he was wrong and they are 10's.

And yes there is a 4.5" midrange driver inside the larger of the two compression horns. Has Klipsch ever used a 4.5" driver inside a compression chamber?

----------------

On 1/29/2005 12:37:20 AM ottscay wrote:

Sorry, sent it twice! (you can get the whole scoop at: A picture at:
)

Scott

----------------

Nope, sorry, they don't look like those anymore. The one in that pic is a 2 way , the new one has a smaller high frequency horn below that larger horn. Also there is no longer the gold pieces in the center of the cones, the cones are all one piece with no dustcap. The front baffle has even changed some.

----------------

)

Scott

----------------

Nope, sorry, they don't look like those anymore. The one in that pic is a 2 way , the new one has a smaller high frequency horn below that larger horn. Also there is no longer the gold pieces in the center of the cones, the cones are all one piece with no dustcap. The front baffle has even changed some.

----------------

)

Scott

----------------