Help!

DanB

I am a resident of Canada, Vancouver Island, BC to be specfific. I currently own a pair of RF35's, RC35, and 2 pair of RB3's for sides/rears. I want to upgrade my fronts and center to a higher model reference speaker. I wont know which ones until I have a chance to listen to some. And there is the rub! No one in the entire province of BC stocks anything higher than the RF35 line of speakers. I have called all the dealers in my area, spoke with Klipsch directly in Hope, and spoke with the Klipsch rep for the province. Nada! As a consumer wanting to upgrade I'm being told that I must purchase via "special order", without even the oppurtunity to audition first. Sucks to be me I know. My only alternative is a costly trip to Washington State. Can someone please provide me a list of dealers there, or, alternatively, some ZIP codes I can enter into the dealer location on the Klipsh website? Many thanks in advance.

----------------

On 2/7/2005 4:25:31 PM gcoker wrote:

Really the next logical step up in the Reference line is the

RC7 and RF-7 speakers. Now speaking from experience I can say

you don't need to audition them. Just go and get them. They

are worth every penney.
9.gif

----------------

I second this. I have the RF-35's and they are a great sounding speaker. But, my RF-7's are just better plain and simple. You will notice a huge improvement with the RF-7's and RC-7 over what you have now.

You did not state your Amp / Pre-Amp / Receiver. This is important since the RF-7's does need a powerful SS amp to get the most out of them.

Thanks to all for responding. I have searched for and found a list of ZIP codes and will use them to find some dealers in the Blaine and Bellingham areas of Washington State. I want to listen to speakers before I purchase them. I prefer bookshelves to towers so I want to audition the RB75 as well as the RF5/7 towers. My equipment list is in my system profile. Thanks.

Hi Michael:

If your question about numbers included me, 2501 would get me to Answering Machine.

I would then as promised to the person, vacate the Forum.

Nothing against anyone, no ill will. I asked a favor, and offered if the favor came through. It did.

Hopefully there won't be anything to stop me from reaching that goal. I have about 85 to go. Then dodger / Win will be history.

Win

----------------

On 2/8/2005 5:32:56 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

Dodger,

I think I understand. It's been a blast, give us plenty of warning and we'll have a Forum party for you.

Any news on any 'social' happenings in Roch later this year? email me buddy!

Michael

----------------

Hi Michael:

I appreciate it.

A lot of people have been great.

But for one I made a promise and at this point webtv is running this so slow it isn't funny.

I don't see any signs for improvement as things down the road just will make it slower.

Frustration I can get elsewhere.

I would love to reach 2501 by Friday. After this 84 more to go.

I truly appreciate the thoughts and the kindnesses that have been shown. But I will have the good feeling of a number of people.

That's what counts.

Win