What is a "pot"?

Coytee

Don't feel bad.

One day I went out to lunch at Arby's as I had several times before.

Then it clicked. Arby's is R.B.s: roast beef. A self imposed head slap followed.

Actually, a potentiometer is more than just a variable resistor. A resistor has two leads. A pot has three.

Smile,

Gil

uh, dude, it kind of looks like oregano.....

okay, how long did it take you to get the pronounciation of Chick-fil-A was 'filet' not fil-a.

Here's an embarassing one for me. Monty Python Holy Grail. King Arthur and his men are undergoing a ferocious tormenting by the French Knights at the castle. One of them calls Arthur and his men 'silly English k-***-ets (took me a decade and on screen english subtitles before I realized it was the phonetic pronounciation of knights!

meanwhile, back at the castle aaaaaa

rrrrrrrr

gggggggg

hhhhhhhhhh

Michael

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 2/8/2005 8:30:24 PM William F. Gil McDermott wrote:

Don't feel bad.

One day I went out to lunch at Arby's as I had several times before.

Then it clicked. Arby's is R.B.s: roast beef. A self imposed head slap followed.

Actually, a potentiometer is more than just a variable resistor. A resistor has two leads. A pot has three.

Smile,

Gil

----------------

gil

right as always

george

Listen to this small story. One day I went to Burger King with a friend for lunch and did something similar. I asked for a bacon double cheese burger. No problem the teller said, but I then asked does it come with bacon on it? The girl behind the counter said "excuse me what did you order?". I repeated " a bacon double cheese burger" she said great. I replied again " but does it have bacon on it?". By this point she was looking at me like are you some kind of AS-! I looked over at my friend like what in the world is her problem only to notice his hysterical laughter. I never did figure it out till we drove away. For some weird reason I thought that a bacon double cheese burger was just a BK name and did not really tell you what was on the sandwich. What a trip.

LOL....while zoned-in looking at the overhead menu in a Burger King, I proceeded to tell the young girl my order,

"Yeah....uh, I'll have a large order of fries, a Big Mac, and a medium drink."

I look down at her for the total and she's just starring at me.

And a friend of mine had a habit of referring to chicken breasts as chicken titties. He said he stopped when doing the zoned-in, concentrating on his order thing and slipped up at a KFC.

"Yeah, we need a pint of cole slaw, a pint of mashed potatos, 6 wings, 6 chicken titties, 2 drumsticks and 4 thighs. And that's all."

When he looked down, the girls behind the counter were laughing and he hears his wife saying as she walked out, "Danny...why do you insist on embarassing me so?" Danny said he had no clue what he had said or what was going on. Too funny.

Tom

How many thought "Richard Stands" was one of the founding fathers ?

I did.

Plus I thought that God, naturally, would be invisible.

"I pledge of allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America. And to the Republic, with Richard Stands, one nation under God, invisible, with liberty and justice for all."

----------------

On 2/8/2005 8:43:23 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Here's an embarassing one for me. Monty Python Holy Grail. King Arthur and his men are undergoing a ferocious tormenting by the French Knights at the castle. One of them calls Arthur and his men 'silly English k-***-ets (took me a decade and on screen english subtitles before I realized it was the phonetic pronounciation of knights!

----------------

OMG I have seen that movie dozens of times how could I not get that..k-***-ets lol

thanks