And sitting at my local dealer's is....

maxg

my new TT and arm. Now all we have to do is pin down the one guy (in Greece) that can put them togehter with my cartridge and we are in business.

I am praying he isnt available tomorrow night - I am on a promise with SWMBO to take her out to a Greek music evening (slightly more enjoyable than root canal - a recent hobby - but not much). There is no way I can get out of it again - lets all pray he is free on Friday - that would be perfect for the weekend.

The digital camera is, of course, standing by - I know none of you believe a word of this (I am not sure I believe it myself).

The question is - is a black clearaudio really just a blackaudio? Interestingly the distributor informs me it is the first black one (Maximum Solution that is - there are plenty of black champions apparently) in the country. Kinda cool.

Calm calm calm....Think Job - patient and cool - tum te tum te tum.

----------------

On 2/9/2005 2:45:38 PM maxg wrote:

my new TT and arm. Now all we have to do is pin down the one guy (in Greece) that can put them togehter with my cartridge and we are in business.

I am praying he isnt available tomorrow night - I am on a promise with SWMBO to take her out to a Greek music evening (slightly more enjoyable than root canal - a recent hobby - but not much). There is no way I can get out of it again - lets all pray he is free on Friday - that would be perfect for the weekend.

The digital camera is, of course, standing by - I know none of you believe a word of this (I am not sure I believe it myself).

The question is - is a black clearaudio really just a blackaudio? Interestingly the distributor informs me it is the first black one (Maximum Solution that is - there are plenty of black champions apparently) in the country. Kinda cool.

Calm calm calm....Think Job - patient and cool - tum te tum te tum.

----------------

why did you take up root canal as a hobby????

2.gif

These are delicate times, if you choose to spend time with her now, she knows the sacrifice. Go to the concert, or you'll wake up next to a tube amp! 2.gif

BTW, have you ever auditioned a transrotor fat bob S, if so what were your thoughts. As you might have guessed I fell in love with it! (Togeteher with SME 3500, Cantara needle.)Can't wait to share your first listening experiences! Tim.1.gif

MM,

It wasnt through choice - I had toothache all weekend that eventually encompassed the whole right side of my face. Every time I drank anything hot I went into orbit. Slept 2 hours on Saturday night due to the pain.

Saw the dentist on monday - he roots around and discovers the tooth that is the cause of the problem - a build up of gas within the tooth pressing on the nerve. He releases the gas (and pain ends immediately) but you know dentists - never ones to pass up a chance to inflict far more pain that you were originally in.

The worst bit was that one of the 3 nerve canals that he thought was dead - wasnt. Interesting level of pain! 2 visits thus far - one to go to finish off - but nothing major left.

Tim,

My local dealer has also just become a dealer for the Transrotor range. He is planning on getting their dual plinth model that looks like the Clearaudio champion to compare the 2 (Model 40/60/40 I think).

When he gets it I am invited round so I will let you know.

Max,

I just called your dealer and asked him to hold off until those LPs get there.

Man, it should be any day now, I'd think. Sorry to bring that up, adding to your anxiety. It does take your mind off your toothache though, right?

Thanks Fini!

Marvel - I think it is a penance for being married.

I didn't mention that I have actually seen my TT did I? I went over there and we opened the box. The packing is almost worth the price on its own - they even include a test record for you, white gloves - the whole bit.

One thing - it is heavy! I hope my stand can take it. God knows what the Maximum Solution is like - must weight a ton.