30 + Years of Owning Klipsch :)

dodger

Thirty one years. Four Heresys. Four Cornwalls. Three Klipschorns.

Synopsis: I bought two Heresys, two Cornwalls, two Klipschorns. I inherited two Cornwalls, one Klipschorn. I was given a pair of Heresys by PWK when mine were destroyed in the Wichita Falls Tornado.

Disposition: I presently retain two Heresys (from PWK) and Two Klipschorns. I gave three Cornwalls to my son-in-law, one cornwall to my son (to go with his Lascalas) and the odd Klipschorn is on loan for his band practice studio.

Thirty-one years. NO trouble. (nameplate fell off of one Heresy!).

As an interesting aside: Paul called me after the WF tornado to see how we were. I told him that the H's were mashed flat. He said that his QC people would like to see that if I could send them to Hope. I did. A month later, two new H's arrived by motor freight. There was a hand-written note: "Klipsch speakers unconditionally guaranteed!"

Another aside: A friend hooked his Klipschorns up with household extention cords. While moving the vacuum cleaner from room to room his wife accidentally plugged one of the K-Horns into the wall recepticle! He sent the woofer back to Hope with a detached voice coil. A new one arrived in about a week with a note attached: "16 ohms - PLEASE!" (His wife never fully recovered.)

DR BILL

Those were the days.

DR BILL

My father talked lovingly of adding Klipschorns to his "Hi-Fi" for as long as I could remember while growing up...I bought KG2s while the older brother with a little more income bought Heresy IIs...Now he has Heresy IIs, KLF-C7 and KSF-S5 for his HT and I have Heresys, Academy and KSF-S5s for my HT...I have Heresys for my 2 channel upstairs...the KG2s went to a buddy of mine that had never "heard" Klipsch speakers and they replaced his ancient Fisher speakers...he LOVES the Klipsch...absolutly NO problems...I am confident I will buy more...cuz I'm cracked that way...9.gif2.gif3.gif16.gif

Bill

Silversport brought up an interesting point.

The number of pairs of Klipsch Speakers owned. Even before HT.

I know of a number of people who are "multi Klipsched."

Not that it may not be so, but I have not heard or noticed that - putting Double Advent systems apart. Interesting. But in Silversport's case I give the edge to him. He has the Academy. Sometimes one has to surpass siblings. Because. :)

dodger

----------------

On 2/16/2005 6:28:44 PM silversport wrote:

...'cuz I just HAD to have a better center than my big brother...(although, I have to admit, all kidding aside...A/B ing the Academy and the KLF C7...I couldn't really hear much difference...horrors
6.gif
)

Bill

----------------

But the Academy is a status he has to look to.9.gif

dodger