30 + Years of Owning Klipsch :)

dodger

Greetings:

In the past few days there has been a round of Klipsch Bashing.

Some from very questionable sources as I have read them. Some that have been tactless, thus to me, also questionable. Some making no sense.

For those with legitimate problems I will state that as a Company, I have always found Klipsch to handle matters when I made contact with them in a manner that has shown Customer Service and Support.

Over 30 + years:

2 pair of Heresys, 2 pair of LaScalas, 1 pair of Chorus IIs, 2 pair of Cornwall IIs.

Number of problems: 0

I traded one pair of heresys in to move up to a pair of LaScalas. Bought a second pair. Then as I owned those 2 pair, I also had 1 pair of Corwall IIs and 1 Pair of Heresys.

I have a 1000 sq. ft. house, so the LaScalas were sold and another pair of Cornwall IIs moved in.

All but the Chorus IIs have had a good amount of use. Again with no problems. From my point of view, would I recommend them - yes.

So in the point of the bashing, I felt that a long time Klipsch owner should make a statement.

dodger

DITTO to Dodger.

I also have never had a hint of problem w/ any of my Klipsch speakers

( present K-Horns and HeresyII's )

...sold my Reference 7's only to upgrade to those Heritage line speakers

and never had a single problem w/ any of those previous References.

I also don't understand the BASHING.

I have owned klipsch for 11 years now. KG 2.2 (2 pair)sold, heresy II, KG5.5 sold, klf-20, kv-2sold, RC-3II. I have had problems with mine. A capacitor fell off a crossover on my kg 5.5's, easy fix for me since i work in electronics. and the front fell off of my klf-20's liquid nails solved that problem. Had a bad woofer in my klf-20's no problem getting another one (paid for it of course out of warrenty). had that one go bad, they sent me another free. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. I will still not bash klipsch though. They are a very good speaker. I will still own klipsch for the rest off my life.

I think the only issues as of late are with some of the RSW subwoofers, and in past the fragile grills pins on the RF's but Klipsch already has responded to customer's concerns on the grills.

I don't think it is really Klipsch bashing I think it is a few disappointed customers voicing there concerns and should not be construed as bashing. Let's face it sometimes you say things or express things you may not really mean when you are upset.

The dealer network (Locations Thread) is a reality and does need work that much is certain.

Complaining Yes, Bashing No.

I have all Heritage speakers so I obviously do not have any issues or concerns other than what I want to upgrade on them next!

I too have been with Klipsch speakers for 30 years and I will not change that, they will be passed onto my family for generations to come I'm sure.

I have owned 17 Klipsch speakers during the last 10 years. I still own 10 of them today. I have had zero problems. Two of the 17 are subwoofers. Both have given good service.

Some of the "bashing" demonstrates a lack of understanding of the process of new product development. Klipsch now makes some very small speakers in addition to very big speakers. Many consumers want small speakers. Klipsch clealy makes infinitely better speakers than Bo$e. Why not satisfy both markets with best in class speakers?

The subwoofer sagas are quite unfortunate. One dealer damaged a sub during warranty service. Immagine your Mercedes dealer doing warranty repairs and bending a fender in the process. Should Mercedes step in and give a new Mercedes to the unfortunate soul that has the damaged car? The problem is between the bankrupt independent contractor (dealer) that did the damage and the owner.

Klipsch does seem to have had a problem with a batch of amplifiers used in the RSW subs. I had a Volvo that blew alternators due to excessive heat buildup. When Volvo became aware of the problem, they changed suppliers. The replacement type lasted over 100,000 miles. Klipsch will take similar action with their amp supplier. They do not need the hassles.

The thing that concerns me the most is the Klipsch dealer network. There are not enough Reference or Heritage dealers. Marketing needs some serious improvement in the dealer area. IMO, it was a very large marketing error to drop Magnolia and Tweeter without viable replacements in place.

Bill

Known of Klipsch since 1971, owned Klipsch since 1985. Zero tech problems with any product and tons of friends with jaw dropping praise for the sounds.

When looking for used Khorns last year spoke with klipsch customer service about a pair on e-bay. Great exchange and NO warnings about buying secondary devices.

Only problem....trying to buy new Khorns. Not bashing, just concerned. Don't want Klipsch to head the way of Dusenburg.

In these replies, only 2 comments - more Reference Dealers, repair average time - a week.

This IS Klipsch - also count how many speakers are owned. This is the mark of a Company that has different lines, Customer loyalty to not only Heritage, but Reference. This deserves 2000 views.

A side note - one mentioned getting your vehicle fixed. Put a new bed on my 1985 Toyota Pickup. Took it to a well known Rust proofing chain. A mechanic lost control of an air tool - right down the side - it went from Body shop to rustproofing back to Body shop.

Also damaged interior. Gotta luv 'em.

dodger

My dad bought a pair of raw birch Klipsch Cornwalls back in '79 that have remained in the family ever since; never modified (except for staining them walnut) and all original. They'll remain in the family for at least another 26 years plus!9.gif

Even my ProMedia 2.1s have never failed me. I may try other loudspeakers from other manufacturers, but I'll never diss Klipsch, nor will I ever abandon the brand (I'm a Klipsch man for life)!2.gif

I'll put my speakers up against anyone's and happily lose.........I'm listening to my Cornwalls now and am quite content.

These are so much better than the majority that our population owns.

I'm sure there are "better" speakers.(?)

My son has Klipsch. He likes his.

Another generation of Klipsch fan. He'd put my speakers up against some one else's and happily lose too..

Proud to be a Klipsch fan.

Woof!

Nice positive thread Dodger. By bashing, I hope you are not referring to legitimate attempts to obtain warranty customer service through this Forum. I got involved in a case recently where it was obvious that the dealer network was not holding up. Once Klipsch got involved, there was a happy ending to the story.

If this one of the cases that is being construed as 'bashing' I apologize for any strong wording that may have been used. It was aimed primarily at the dealer who was obviously at fault and there was a level of frustration that the manufacturer was not remedying the situation in a timely manner. I meant to offer aid through the forum moderators completely behind the scenes, but finally posted publicly when the need arose to 'squeek' a little louder to get a response. The Forum Moderators went way beyond the call of duty. Owner happy - end of story.

On the flip side, as I have noted in a related thread on the subwoofer column, I currently own 4x Cornwalls, 4x RB5, 8x ksb1.1, numerous other center and inwall speakers. My title 'waiting for blow-up) was intended to rile members into relating their positive experiences, and it has had that effect. I never had any problem with any of them, aside from used units purchased in less than ideal condition. Having had no warranty dealings with Klipsch however, I cannot comment on their fairness or speed in such matters.

Klipsch manufactures awesome products, exquisitely engineered and fairly priced. They simply blow the competition away. I'm still a fan for life. No kidding, no bashing.

Michael

I remember when I bought my second pair of LaScalas. Slightly less bass.

Opened checked - different drivers.

I called Klipsch personally, and in my conversation with the customer Service person, I explained the difference.

The result was that within 7 days and only a shipping charge, Klipsch sent matching drivers, the same as in my first pair.

I called and thanked the Rep that I had spoken with personally.

I also sent a letter of personal thanks for taking my problem as strongly as they did also i did thank them for the turn around time from when I made contact with the Company.

dodger

If you look at the number of so called 'complaints' about Klipsch quality control and service we have read about in this forum, and compare them to the HUGE number of satisfied customers over the years - well my case is rested your Honor.

My brother works in the Hi-Fi business. He doesn't sell Klipsch at all. But he has an all Klipsch surround system. Why one might ask? In answer to that question, he regularly states to family and close friends, that Klipsch are the only reasonably priced brand that offers superb sound and reliability for such little money.

In further support of the allegation that Klipsch ARE in fact extremely reliable, we might look at the prices that older Klipsch models are garnering on the ebay type markets. These older Klipsch models are keenly sort after by collectors and poor alike. This is long after other manufacturer's models have bitten the dust.

Like any product, no matter how much care and attention is taken, there will always be the odd one that will slip through quality control. On these very rare occasions, Klipsch has shown that as a company it will rise to the challenge and support it's product.

16.gif