Crutchfield Outlet Clearance Sale

customsteve01

Do you think this would be worth going to?

I only live about 1.5 hours from Charlottesville. I know they have some pretty decent prices on some thing but I just don't know about getting returned stuff. But hey it does carry new warranties.

Let me know if any of yall have been to one of thier sales before.

Thx

Steve

Saturday, February 12th through Sunday, February 27th

Hundreds of returns from Crutchfields famous national catalog business tested and certified to be in perfect working order.

Save 10-40% on TVs, home audio and car stereo from top brands like Sony, Pioneer, Samsung, Toshiba, and Polk Audio

Youll get expert advice and the full manufacturers warranty

Happens only once a year

Print out this e-mail and bring it in for an extra 5% off*

*Save an additional 5% on your purchase of items in our Outlet department only when you bring this letter into a Crutchfield retail store from Feb. 12-27, 2005. Total before taxes, shipping, or delivery. Offer good only at the Crutchfield stores in Charlottesville and Harrisonburg. Excludes labor and installation services. May not be combined with other offers. One discount per customer.

in Charlottesville

Rio Hill Shopping Center

U.S. 29 at Woodbrook Dr.

(434) 817-1100

in Harrisonburg

Market Square East

U.S. 33, 1 block east of I-81

(540) 434-1000

Price Match Guarantee: Crutchfield will match the price on an identical item from any authorized retail store in the Charlottesville and Harrisonburg markets for a period of 30 days. Price Match applies only to identical items of the same condition and model number. Lower price requires verification. Item must be in stock.

----------------

On 2/11/2005 7:52:37 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Crutchfield always a good deal in my book for a lot of items in my youth!!

----------------

When I was a teenager in the 80's, Cruthcfield had better prices than local dealers. Now they are more expensive than local audio stores and the mail order guys out of New York are much cheaper.

Chris

----------------

When I was a teenager in the 80's, Crutchfield had better prices than local dealers. Now they are more expensive than local audio stores and the mail order guys out of New York are much cheaper.

Chris

----------------

While their price are no longer as low as they once were you have to remember the brands that they do carry come from with a "factory authorized" warranty.

The same cannot be said with most New York "gray marketed" goods.

Interesting story about one of those "fine" New York mail-order vendors...

Years ago when I was into 35 mm photography I order a 75-210mm lens for my Yashica camera. I was going on vacation and wanted it before I left. I paid extra for 2nd day air (on Monday morning) as I was leaving the following Saturday. No problem I though, I'd have it by Wednesday-Thursday the latest.

Friday rolls around and surprise-surprise...no lens! I call this "stellar" establishment and they tell me it's going out today (Friday) and it would be in Monday, exactly one week after I initially ordered it. I explain the situation and that I paid extra for 2nd day air to which the "gentleman" on the other end of the line states..."yeah,it's going out today and will be there by Monday, that's 2nd day air" in his finest NY attitude. NICE!

On they other end of the spectrum I order a Clarion CD player for my Corrado SLC from Crutchfield.The first unit has problems one day after I install it.

They send me another unit and that one is fine for about three months (out of warrant) and then the same thing happens.

I call Crutchfield and explain the situation and even though it is out of warranty they send me another deck at no charge to me.

They pay for all return shipping and even call a week later to see if the new unit is functioning properly.

That's what I call customer service!

Believe me, I would gladly pay a little more $ for this type of service.

Jeff