Outlaw Audio M200 and RF5

illthreat

Hi Silver,

Glad to hear Outlaw fixed their noise problem {...If indeed they had any...14.gif } Those 200 watt monoblocks sure would look good right along side any black reciever being used as a pre,(especially mine). Outlaw is highly regarded affordable solid state equipment that many-many people own and are very happy with.

Not really sure why some people have to put down other peoples equipment...hey, for all I know "their" choices for living conditions or most anything else could be apalling to most everyone else...but "they" have xxxbrand component to brag about and if someone does not have xxxbrand component then they are not worthy......the following is for people who fit the previously mentioned description..7.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is this is the "2 channel" forum.

Not the "one system does all" forum.

Better responses more to your liking would be found by posting in the HT forum.

I have been down the HT path; my Sherwood Newcastle separates and RB-5s have not been upgraded since fall of 2001.

A very reasonable system for HT; many liabilities for music.

RF-5 I am sure can be the foundation of a very realistic system.

200 watt SS power amps are not the answer.

minn_male 42:

I called you a snob? I didn't call ANYONE a snob who states their opinion (and that's what each of us is giving) even if your opinion is based on your experience...In fact I DON'T think you're a snob because you tried one out...I have NO PROBLEM with ANYONE who doesn't like Outlaw Audio or anything else...NO, I was calling snobs those that just try to put someone on to THEIR gear because that's what THEY like and your opinion (the asker) is crap because you dared not agree with him.

I NEVER said anything about Reference line because I don't KNOW anything about Reference line other than the few I listened to prior to buying my gear...I don't fault ANYONE for getting WHATEVER THEY like...when someone asks opinion...he GETS opinion...some is from experience (perhaps yours) and some is from people who only read OTHER's opinions and then Parrot it back (...again, I am not saying this is you) but I have read A LOT of reviews from owners (at the very place you mention) and I looked at THE DATES of those complaints...I also have read glowing reviews from owners and "tryers out" of "similar" equipment (the Sherbourne) and those reports were glowing...but then when I mention Outlaw Audio...it is immediately crap...I find that thinking a bit hard to understand...therefore, for me, those are elitest snobs...

There have been many here who claim Yamaha is too bright with Klipsch...I had Yamaha at one time with my Klipsch...I did not find it so...my opinion based on my experience...MANY more here piled on (I am sure SOME at least from experience) because that is the "popular belief"...Some here love their Synergy line, I liked it too but if you ask around here...many pile on and say spend your money elsewhere...same with the Heritage line...well, if there was ONE GREAT anything, we would ALL own that now wouldn't we...we all have different tastes, budgets, wants and needs...I find Outlaw Equipment along with their customer service to be hi...better than some of the other equipment I looked at...perhaps not as high quality as wha you own but surely NOT entry level, unless by entry level you mean as we close in on the thousands of dollars...you may also notice I did not say "MINE IS BEST" and I certainly did not say it is "High Level" but it does a fine job for me and I am happy...

As I recall, the initial poster asked about opinions of the Outlaw monoblocks and then said he wanted opinions of Outlaw gear...I gave mine and I am sure he is glad you gave yours.

Just my .02

Bill

----------------

On 2/18/2005 11:22:50 AM silversport wrote:

minn_male 42:

I called you a snob? I didn't call ANYONE a snob who states their opinion (and that's what each of us is giving) even if your opinion is based on your experience...In fact I DON'T think you're a snob because you tried one out...I have NO PROBLEM with ANYONE who doesn't like Outlaw Audio or anything else...NO, I was calling snobs those that just try to put someone on to THEIR gear because that's what THEY like and your opinion (the asker) is crap because you dared not agree with him.....

----------------

i guess you must have been referring to other posters in this thread with your comment then:

Just my 02...don't let the snobs scare you off.

2.gif

The concept of a 200W amp and Klipsch speakers for a 2 channel system don't make sense, or at least many of us have come to that conclusion over the years. I used to run an Acurus A-150 amp (150 W) and it was very accurate, but definitely on the bright side. For some reason, when I was younger, I didn't mind the sound and thought it was great, as the years went by it just seemed too bright for me and not what I was looking for.

Your soundcard also has a huge impact on the sound coming out of your computer. Some like M-Audio are more musically driven as compared to others which are designed for gamers. You can get a nice upgrade in that area. From my experience, the computer does not produce the same quality that I can get from either great SS separates or tube separates. The computer equipment can sound good, but the limitations are with the cd player, jitter and noise within the computer. It is not a quiet enough source and thus does affect the quality of the sound.

As for the Outlaw equipment, it generally receives a best buy recommendation in regards to value for the money. Please remember that means there are a good number of better choices out there, but they will cost you more money. I'm not sure I would call Outlaw, entry level, it is a step up from that, but it is in no way to be confused with high end.

Outlaws allows you to try it out for 30 days, so take advantage of it and if it's too bright, then return it. All it will cost you is the shipping. Not sure it will do it for you, but it doesn't cost you that much to find out.

Russ,

Go read. You don't know **** about mp3 or music encoding with a pc. It's really not your fault though.. you were born in a much more boring time... I am sorry for your loss.

Just becuase you have a music degree.. Doesn't mean jack **** in my book. My brother has several music degrees and teaches out of his studio in Berkely. But, I don't think his ears are better than Joe Schmoe.

I'm not looking for someone to validate purchasing the Outlaw gear. You are a very bitter person. I suppose you weren't held much as a baby. Perhaps your raging claims of being the smartest, most egotistical person here, is true. But, I'll just continue to call you "dick". It much easier to remember than Russ.

You are upset because my "pc source" is playing the same bitrate and freq. as your high end gear that you spent hundreds on. It's sad. You are just too damn old to understand how modern things work. If you were as cool as you state in your system info, you would be much more open to modern technology. And maybe not be so damn bitter.

lol.. you are totally the biggest tool I've talked to in quite some time. Keep on measuring your johnson in dark alleys, maybe someday you'll make a few friends with that attitude.

Thanks for the replies guys! You cannot stop someone for hating a product because it's cheaper than what they bought. Russ, you suck. Perhaps in your insignificant little world, you really are the champ. No, nevermind.

Goodbye.

My soundcard is fully capable of outputing true Dolby Digital sound.

If anything, it exceeds the processing power of my Yamaha receiver. And that would be the weakest link in the chain.

If SACD and DVDA were more popular, Russ. I would own one. But, the selection sucks worst than your attitude in public forums.

Thanks for the replies.

• Moderators

I'm not liking the sarcastic remarks in this thread. It's ok to have an opinion, but it's not ok belittle someone else's opinion in such a way.

Let's get back on track and continue to keep this board a helpful place.