TWO SPEAKER CABLE LENGTH S IN SAME SET-UP

zman

----------------

On 2/25/2005 7:12:11 AM dodger wrote:

I just wonder if we get too technical for a question as this?

Thanks, doudou - I JUST realized that your avatar is a Teddy Bear.

I feel stupid.

----------------

i think Champagne taste beer budget give a good answer even if it s not totaly exact.but as he said the exact numbers are not really important.what is important is the way he explain this and he didi it well.

and dodger, is my avatar to little for you?9.gif

why do you feel stupid?

is it because my nickname here is doudou and you think it was doo doo?

i know my nickname is a little bit ambigous, but i d like to keep a little french touch even if all is in english here2.gif

ps:a "doudou" is the teddy bear (or any other old piece of clothe) the little children take everywhere with them.without it they cannot do anything especialy sleeping.

----------------

On 2/25/2005 7:46:31 AM doudou wrote:

----------------

On 2/25/2005 7:12:11 AM dodger wrote:

I just wonder if we get too technical for a question as this?

Thanks, doudou - I JUST realized that your avatar is a Teddy Bear.

I feel stupid.

----------------

i think Champagne taste beer budget give a good answer even if it s not totaly exact.but as he said the exact numbers are not really important.what is important is the way he explain this and he didi it well.

and dodger, is my avatar to little for you?
9.gif

why do you feel stupid?

----------------

Your avatar is a good size, the stupid part is I was looking for it to be something different, not noticing the nose.

A Teddy Bear is one of the gifts that I give to a newborn baby.

I love them myself and used to carry some in the car for children when I'd answer a call and the child was upset.

Comforting.

Thanks doudou. Enjoy the rest of your day, keep smiling.

Win dodger 3.gif

----------------

On 2/25/2005 8:00:13 AM dodger wrote:

Your avatar is a good size, the stupid part is I was looking for it to be something different, not noticing the nose.

A Teddy Bear is one of the gifts that I give to a newborn baby.

I love them myself and used to carry some in the car for children when I'd answer a call and the child was upset.

Comforting.

Thanks doudou. Enjoy the rest of your day, keep smiling.

Win dodger
3.gif

----------------

what do you mean by this "the stupid part is I was looking for it to be something different, not noticing the nose"?

i also like teddy bears, that one of the reason my girlfriend call me doudou9.gif

for the size of my avatar, even if it s too little, i cannot change it.9.gif

i m very happy to talk with you dodger and i know you respect each members of the forum.so i will enjoy the rest of my day and i will continue to smile2.gif

----------------

On 2/25/2005 9:30:13 AM Colin wrote:

then double check phase again, that will make more a difference than length...

----------------

i agree with you.

be carrefull if you have the two wire of the same lenght, one will be too long and if you make a kind of loop with it or if it is too close to alim cables or electrical stuff you can have some problems(background noises especialy)

----------------

On 2/24/2005 6:12:47 PM zman wrote:

Thanks for the myriad of responses to this forum newbie. In the absence of new strong responces, I'm going with cables of equal length.

----------------

different cable lengths will NOT affect the sound....

looping one cable on the floor because it is too long MAY have adverse effects.... that cable loop can very easily act like an antenna and pick up RF and EM interference from atmospheric sources as well as power cables near your rack or even in the wall near the speaker....

"looping one cable on the floor because it is too long MAY have adverse effects.... that cable loop can very easily act like an antenna and pick up RF and EM interference from atmospheric sources as well as power cables near your rack or even in the wall near the speaker...."

Which is exactly why you should ONLY use M*nster Cables.3.gif

(running and ducking for cover)

Tom

ps: This thread absolutely sums up the nature of the beast with forum posts. Someone asks a very simple question and before long there's a minor theoretical debate about the speed of electrons and sound which some how disolves into a conversation about teddy bears! LOL...you guys crack me up.9.gif

I wasn't getting on you about the numbers, just confirming what you said about how totally and utterly insignifigant the difference is.

Look long and hard enough (or maybe not) and you will find some 'audiophile' who claims monsterous differences with a 1/8" repositioning of their speakers. I was just pointing out that the difference in timing between a 1' cable and a 7' cable is far far less then moving 1/8" of an inch.

Shawn

"I wonder if the guys at Stereophile wonder to themselves if the sound will improve if they get their ears "pinned"?"

Some of those guys 'hear' differences in their systems when their neighbor has strawberry preserves on their morning toast compared to their usual orange marmalade......

Look for an upcoming review of the Shun Mook Jelly Tuning Discs (JTDs) in an upcoming issue. Followed shortly by the VPI Magic Jar of Jam (JoJ) in a follow up article.

Shawn

What about unequal lengths of positive and negative wires to the same speaker? I wanted to try to use a second set of small speakers to accent my existing speakers. A wise forum member suggested to connect them in series. How far can you go regarding the effective difference in length between positive vs. negative connections on one speaker back to the amp. That is if the positive wire going to the first speaker is 8 feet long but the rest of the series is 24 feet long does that cause any problems? Are there limits? Also is there a clean way to bypass the second set of speakers if you just want to listen to the primary speakers?

EDIT*** Started a new thread with this question.