Center for Heresies

puffwar

I think a couple of guys here on the BB have used an RC-3, but it will not be a perfect match. Other options might be a KLF-C7, KV-3 or KV-2. Again, non of these are specifically made to be a timbre match to Heresy, but they might be close.

I have Heresies and an RC-3, but the Heresies are for two-channel and the RC-3 is with other Reference models. Maybe I'll swap out my RF-3's with Heresies tonight and report back.

Been there done that. The RC 3 is a good speaker but a very noticeable timbre mismatch for Heritage speakers. At first you will be happy because it is a good sounding little center speaker, then eventually you will notice it announces it self and its location when in use compared to your Heresy sound. It would sound great between a pair of RF 3s or RF 5s but not between Heresys. What you will lack is the seamless pan across the front array of your HT. The dialogue will sound just a little different. I put my RC 3 II in and out of my Heritage HT system a few times each time it made itself noticeable each and every time. IT is your system and I cannot tell you what to do but I advise against it.

So what are my options? I would have to rebuid my wall to fit something bigger but I would still want something smaller than a heresy. I'm doing this for my father and I don't think he would be into that. I would but he wouldn't. Out of all the smaller centers which model is the closest timbre. Thank you for your input. I appreciate all your help. Steve

----------------

On 2/28/2005 11:17:46 PM puffwar wrote:

So what are my options? I would have to rebuid my wall to fit something bigger but I would still want something smaller than a heresy. I'm doing this for my father and I don't think he would be into that. I would but he wouldn't. Out of all the smaller centers which model is the closest timbre. Thank you for your input. I appreciate all your help. Steve

----------------

you could make a motor board to hold just the mid/tweet of a heresy and put it in your 7 inch space, take the remaining cabinet and block off the resulting holes, and stash it somewhere in the front of the room.

jay

----------------

On 2/28/2005 11:17:46 PM puffwar wrote:

----------------

If your mains are not too far apart and you're sitting in the sweet spot make use of the phantom center mode on your receiver. No center is better than a mismatch.

I use the phantom center until I can use another Heresy as a center.

yeah the doc is right, reference would be noticable, but synergy terrible, you need a phantom until you can manage the heresy, i have mixed heritage with reference, and it is tolerable, but very noticable, the sound kind of leaps out at you as you pan through pasages

I'm in complete agreement with others here. In the very beginning, I tried using a Klipsch KV-3 as a center with my Heresy's as mains. Yuk! Never could get it to integrate. Sold the KV-3 and bought a RC-3. It was better, but still...you always knew it was there and was different.

I would strongly suggests doing the phantom center as a band-aid solution. And I think the idea/suggestion that was posted of making a custom center from Heresy components is a good long term solution. Another long term solution, albeit a pricey one, would be to replace the Heresy's with Reference series for mains & center.

Tom

A couple of woofers to go with above would work, but if you are trying to squeeze it into a 7" space - ain't happenin.

I would try a KG 2.2V or 2.5V they will be close to a Heresy, but even they are probably wider than 7" you need to find another spot to put your center.

Your system is only as good as your weakest link.

• 2 weeks later...