Walnut Oil Academy For Sale

Gilbert

I've got an Academy that for sale. I don't particularly care to part with it, but there are some other things I'd like to get.

I will sell it for what I have into it, which is about $500. Still not cheap, but based on current demand, I think it's a deal. At this price I'll be making a WAPPING $15.00 profit.

It goes against my grain not to try get more from it, but I have gotten alot out of this forum, so I'll offer it here first. Insured shipping cost around $40, more or less, depending on distance for Tulsa, OK. The Academy is by no means light weight.

The speaker is pretty darn clean. There are some light scratches on 1 side, from where the previous owner stood it up on the floor. They are light, and can be sanded out with a minimal amount of effort. There is also a dime to nickle size dent on the bottom front left corer (as you face the speaker) that I made on it while trying to take photo's8.gif. But the veneer is not chipped, just pushed-in a little. Other than that, she is beautiful. As most of you probably know, Walnut Oil Academy's are difficult to find. And they are a excellent, if not perfect timber match with other WO Heritage. Here's a photo, and I'll try and post a couple more.

REDUCED Front.jpg

post-12381-13819262203124_thumb.jpg

Here's the Left side. The bottom veneer and rear panel are in excellent condition. That's it. IF YOU WANT IT, LET ME KNOW BEFORE 10:30am CST TOMORROW MORNING. That's 24hrs from now. After that time, it's going to Ebay after that.

REDUCEDFRONTLeft.jpg

post-12381-13819262204564_thumb.jpg

D0N, just a helpful hint/idea here......

A product known as "Howard Restor-A-Finish" in walnut color and 0000 steel wool will have that issue solved in just a few minutes (plus a bit of drying time). Howard's "walnut" matches Klipsch walnut almost perfectly - it looks like Klipsch WO finish when done, and it can be used to smooth that over and look much better. Trust me on this one - my formerly DeanG owned walnut oil Cornwalls were treated with this stuff, and these 31 year old beauties don't look much older than new.

If I had a need for this, I would be all over it. These don't come along very often in that color - and when they do, especially when in mint shape, they cost mucho $$$.

And if D0N doesn't go for this, that's a way for the eventual owner to work around the condition issue.

Don:

I've completely restored a few speaker in my time. About 8 Cornwalls to be exact. Trust me when I say this is nothing, nothing at all.

15min. work with 220grit then 400 or 600 grit followed with a little BLO and Mineral Spirits, and I guarantee you'll never know they were there. These scratches are not deep, and the outside light exaggerates their presense. But I though it better to exaggerate the scratches, than appear to try and hide them.

Anyway, that's about it.

Oh man is that speaker nice! I have walnut Belles and Heresys for HT. That woudl be a nice addition, but I would need to get rid of my Current Academy first.

The problem is that I have already fabricated a rack to fit me heresys. Let me know where you wind up, I am definately on teh fence with this one!!

Man that speaker is nice, oh, I apready said that!

Chris