Virgin Pie

i have 2 that came with my 71 verticals that i bought last year still stapled to the back in a plastic bag. they were clear so i had to paint the back of them black so they would show up on the cane grills. just last week decided to install them. they look sooooo much better on the front than the back.

Tom,

I've been wondering the same thing. The Pie slices on my '73 Khorns appear to be silver.

There has been occasional discussion on the proper location. The original owner of my Khorns had them placed in mirror image to each other, but I've placed the Khorns preferring the logo on the upper right of the R Khorn and the upper left of the L Khorn.

On Mr. Paul's Khorns and Belle, each speaker had the logo in the upper right corner of the HF grill cloth.

The pie slice logo that I posted above was inside a sealed envelope just loose in the top section of one of my 1968 Lascalas. The previous owner bought them new and did not know the logo was back there. Guess the other logo was lost at some time because there was only one. As far as I can tell, it had never been out of its envelope until I opened it. Raised portion seems to be gold colored to me.

Bob

----------------

On 3/5/2005 8:17:25 PM Tom Mobley wrote:

would you guys say that the emblems are gold or silver on the raised portions? I thought they were supposed to be gold but the early Model H I had they looked more silver. just faded? did they have different colors for different wood finishes?

----------------

I think that this is another one of those "Klipsch things'. The ones that I posted are '74-'75, and are gold. My '73's and 75's are gold, but I have seen silver in that time frame.

What I have not seen is a clear one.

Regards,

Terry

Nice thread title, that should get some action...

Tom, what remains of the painted portion on my 63 cornwalls is SILVER. These were one owner, so dont' think they were modified in any way. Additionally, these are verticals and the owner positioned the logos on the tweeter side so there was a quick visual indication from the front (as well as the red UP arrows on the rear) as to the mirror image pair and orientation of the speakers.

They are nailed to the cane material EXACTLY 9/16 from the edge to the top of the radius and 9/16 to the outer point, would almost have to have a jig to get them this precise.

Was it always left to the owner to install these logo plates? The owner of mine's wife said he always had them in the horizontal positon, so I'm puzzled as to why the pie slices are upright with cabinets in the vertical position. Perhaps they were factory installed or he just started with the vert. orientation? Just checked, there remains a single staple near the rear sn label, that's prob where the logo bag, (or owners card) was attached.

Speaking of which, would anyone know the preferred placement of a pair of vertical Cornwalls? Horns in (away from the dreaded side walls) would be my choice. Other thoughts? What year did they change to the brass colored rectangle? That is what I installed on my 74's. Just want to stay historically accurate when I rebuild em, or make em all the same. Votes for either?

Tom, if you ever need a good clean original for a new mold, mine are in excellent shape, except the silver paint is almost entirely worn off. But it is definitely silver on a plain black background.

Michael- btw, good talking with you on the phone today.