I'm actually considering a subwoofer - for my CAR

kenratboy

I get good discounts on all of the stuff, so I could get a nice system for pretty cheap.

I would probably do a single 10" woofer, nice box, and a amp. Wouldn't cost me much. The box can be sealed or ported, so I could play around and see what works best.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions?

Between school and work, I am spending a lot of time in my car, and I would like to be able to enjoy music a bit more.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I just recently added one to my blazer. I used an infinity perfect 10dvq and a rockford power series t5002 amp and i couldn't be happier. It hits hard enough for my needs and it very tight. I'd always recomend these subs if you're going for sound quality.

Yea... been down that road, years back. I had a 84 Camaro with a sub enclosure sitting on the back shelf. I would leave the back seat folded down & play "Under Blood Red Skies" by Judas Priest... the enclosure was ported in the front so all that air would come rushing forward and blow your hair... was a really cool effect.

kenratboy, you can do this as long as you don't become a "boomy-bass" head LOL. i hear SO MANY crappy systems and its sad(well kind of...) because there BOOMY and sound like crap.

im not a car audio person so i have no recommendations for you(if thats what you wanted). good luck

scp53

My reccommendation is to get more than one sub, make sure you have a nice amp to power them, and make sure you upgrade your other speakers to match the sound quality. If you get some nice component speakers with a good amp and a couple 10-12" subs, also with a good amp, you will be very happy with the investment. It can be very expensive, though, and every bit as addictive as home systems.

After having Cornwalls in my home, I changed every setting in my car system in an effort to make it sound like my home. Did I succeed? Not really -- but my car sounds so much better with the sub crossed over at 80Hz with the gain reduced and with the highs bumped up at 10kHz. Did you know that people actually TALK over those previously boomy beats? 9.gif

I will go a third on the Infinity Perfects. I have a pair in my daughters mustang. Each one sees .83 ft3. bass extension is awesone. I`m running them off a Kicker 1000.2 from 63hz down. Of course I have tuned it down to keep her from breaking anything. Frequency response is awesome, flat doen to 26 hz then drops sharply after that. They do not like rap or hip hop music though, just dont sound right with that type of music in my opinion. Oh yeah the .83 ft3 is after driver displacement.