Khorns & Heresys - $2500 OBO - Columbia, MD

Frzninvt

Gary, got your phone message last night and this is the first chance I have had to get on the computer. Was a confusion and crazy day for me past 3:00 PM.

Thanks, the report sounds good. Can you email me the guy's phone number if you have it? I have still not heard back from my email asking him about me stopping by on Friday or Saturday.

DONE! Cleaned up, in the house, hooked up. LOVING LIFE!!! Just got done watching Ray as the first movie - seemed approprate. For anyone interested they are 87, WO, AK crossovers very good to excelent condition...maybe better as I am picky. Been in the same corner of the original owner's house since they day they were delivered. He even painted around them. Too funny with they out he has to paint again.

I have so many people to thank (Gary, FrznInVt, Larry, the list goes on)and so much good news to report, but I have house guests this weekend, I abandoned them to get my speakers so I don't have time for the full report. Pix and info to follow in the coming week. I was skeptical that they could be all that much better then Forte/Chorus, but all I can say is amazing!

BTW Gary, I got lucky the wife went grocery shopping as soon as I got home. So she never saw the gigantic piles of wood and metal till they were in the corner.

Thanks.

I am surely going to be selling some Klipsch speakers. Obviously the khorns are staying put. But between the 3 pairs of Heresy, two Academies, a pair of Forte II and a pair of Chours someting(s) has/have to go. Once I figure out the right mix I will let the fourm members know first. FYI the Forte IIs are my baby. I am the original owners and they are in mint condition.

Stay tuned.

Rich,

I agree they were in very good condition. Not excellent but should be after you clean them up. These were some very dusty speakers but no real damage. Also very thirsty for oil. I doubt they've been touched in 18 years.

It was great meeting you and your father yesterday and I'm glad they went to a good home. How does you wife like them so far? Must have been a relief to come home to an empty house. You really can't describe the size of these beasts, especially to a spouse!

BTW - They have the AK-2.

----------------

On 3/10/2005 9:31:28 AM Frzninvt wrote:

Here is a photo facing my TV, I have others with the Khorn's/Corns in back at home, but you get the idea. The audio rack is custom made out of pine, stained and poly'd and can support at least 500 lbs.

I am a bad influence just ask my two brother in law's that now have corrall's of Heritage speakers and audio gear.

You certainly won't be sorry if you get them, and put them in place and listen for the first time.
----------------

Frzninvt,

Curious just how bad that turntable skips when that Velodyne kicks ? Not to mention what happens to poor Blues ears9.gif

Jeff

The turntable does not see much use, however that Velodyne cabinet is so solid that even playing at moderate volumes it does not vibrate the turntable at all. Pretty amazing.

I see you still have those killer Yamaha Titanium series components, quite honestly I think that they were the best that Yamaha has produced to date. I bet they look stunning all together. Those were advertised on AudioGon years ago right? That MX-2000 should be stunning in the titanium finish. I had an M-80 way back then but always wanted the MX-1000u which is a step down from the rare MX-2000.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8738&stc=1

Frvninvt,

Yes, still have the complete 2000 series Yamaha components, and I also feel they are one of the finest that Yamaha has produced.

I was searching for either the 2000 series or the ultra-rare 10,000 series but after searching for each for a number of years I finally found the right pieces. Besides,the 10,000 series Class A 250 watts is overkill with the K-horns...right? :)

I am very happy with their sound throught my Klipschorns.The only thing I wish I would have done differently is opt for an enclosed rack as my 10 month old Son as well as several children in my Wifes daycare just love to touch their "shiny" finish.

Jeff

----------------

On 3/13/2005 8:15:36 PM JCturboT wrote:

""
http://audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8738&stc=1" border=0>

The only thing I wish I would have done differently is opt for an enclosed rack as my 10 month old Son as well as several children in my Wifes daycare just love to touch their "shiny" finish.

Jeff

----------------

10 month old son? You dog! Congrats to you and the missus.

----------------

On 3/14/2005 7:10:45 AM Chris Robinson wrote:

10 month old son? You dog! Congrats to you and the missus.

----------------

Thanks Chris.

What's happening with you these days?

Haven't been doing too much-audio wise this past year with the growing Family but it's been a heck of a year to be a Boston sports fan huh? First the Sox break a 86 year curse then the Pats make it back-to-back and now the Celtics are making a move.

I have tickets to the Celtics/Heat game next month and I am gonna enjoy my night out.

Jeff