odd la scalas on ebay????????

Those are pro La Scala's and there are handles on the top section and bottom sections for transport. Great for center channels since the HF can be displaced from the LF for easier incorporation. They have the beefier K-43E woofers in them and those cabinets are tough as nails!

You can also angle the HF section off axis from LF section if you have them in corners and want to pinpoint the sound stage. The Pro's cost quite a bit more than your standard La Scala when new as well.

Joe, we used to have double split LS when I did DJ and PA rentals. So you stacked two bass bins, that's 4' then two mid/hi packs to 5 and 6 ' total. Used to cut the heads clean off the audience. It was a wicked setup. Now I have my first pair. Probably will either set em on my EV 18" TL bins for subs, or use em split, with a 2 foot riser between the bass bins and mid/high pack.

The other advantage is that the xover is in the mid section, so you can input to it, then out to the woofer box or easily biamp by sending lows to the bass bin and mid/highs to the top, where xover continues to split the squawker/tweeter signal. It's a beautiful setup! Fuse protected also I believe.

So now I'v got Heresy, Cornwalls, and LaScalas, the plot thickens. But seriously guys, I do not have a room suitable for the Khorns. Maybe it's time for an addition already !?!?!?

Michael

BS, yeah, but with 5 I figure I'd branch out. Bought Heresies from TBrennen couple of weeks ago, they're still in Chicago with DrWho. (who's haveing tonsils out Wed of this week, so y'all send him get well MSG, okay)

Then I was tipped off on these LS, which I've always wanted, so just doing the whole Heritage line thing. Have NO IDEA where they are all going to go. Still have a line on some Altec A7-8's which might be -500's as well.

Michael

it IS getting a tad bit out of hand. there won't be room for the most petite of girlfriends here when I get through. what is all of this for anyway?

----------------

On 3/13/2005 10:55:04 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

BS, yeah, but with 5 I figure I'd branch out. Bought Heresies from TBrennen couple of weeks ago, they're still in Chicago with DrWho. (who's haveing tonsils out Wed of this week, so y'all send him get well MSG, okay)

Then I was tipped off on these LS, which I've always wanted, so just doing the whole Heritage line thing. Have NO IDEA where they are all going to go. Still have a line on some Altec A7-8's which might be -500's as well.

Michael

it IS getting a tad bit out of hand. there won't be room for the most petite of girlfriends here when I get through. what is all of this for anyway?

----------------

hey michael, when you get your heresy's try setting them atop a pair of cornwalls in a corner i have this exact set up with 2 amps (1 runs the heresy)& (other runs the corns) sounds awsome, i dont have the risers on my heresys, this set up has to yeild sound at least close to k-horns, with the heresys brightness and the corns lows. WHAT A SOUND. i am going to try something a little different once i get to pick up my la scalas, will set them in the corners with a cornwall atop them see what that sounds like???????9.gif10.gif Joe