How many Khorns have been made?

Myhamish

Based on a brief view of a document from the Heritage era (ca '80 or so).

Klipschorn, 1500pr

Heresy, 50,000pr

Cornwall, ~10% of their dollar volume (guess=5,000pr)

LaScala, ~6% of their dollar volume (guess=3,000pr)

They had ~300 dealers then.

Maybe ~$28M a year at cost, ~10 years ago they were ~40M a year

When sales were ~$40M they were #4 behind Polk, Bose, Pioneer. While Harman as a whole may be ~$1B, JBL home was only ~$34M.

Doesn't really answer your question, if I had to guess...it would be ~25,000units total over 50 years. Of course early on mono was the rule of the day, and later, 5.1 killed 2ch.

Those numbers look pretty reasonable.

There are a few implications.

1) PWK was making enough money to put AV gas in the plane, not bow to any market pressure, and then give a lot of money to New Mex U.

2) There are a heck of a lot of Heritage out there, someplace. We see a fair amount of units changing hands here, or on e-bay, or Audiogon. It doesn't seem like too many in view of the numbers made. Let me speculate that there are thousands in "hand me down" situations which never go to market.

3) Some units are being parted out. Still one has to wonder just how many K-77s (etc) were made and potentially available for sale.

Gil

And it makes you wonder how many just got thrown into the dumpster or the burningpile because they were those big old speakers.

Easy to see why Andy would say the Heresy was the bread and butter of the company for awhile.

Marvel

Are you saying 1500 pair of Klipschorns between 1947 or so and 1980? If so, that's interesting; I would have thought more.

I remember Andy writing about a one month in the late 70's or early 80's when Klipsch & Associates were celebrating a $1,000,000 in sales that month.

I also remember his writing about assembling maybe 220 or more Heresy cabinets per day.

"Are you saying 1500 pair of Klipschorns between 1947 or so and 1980? If so, that's interesting; I would have thought more."

Read it again.

"I remember Andy writing about a one month in the late 70's or early 80's when Klipsch & Associates were celebrating a $1,000,000 in sales that month."

Read it again

"I also remember his writing about assembling maybe 220 or more Heresy cabinets per day."

Read it again.

50,000pr of Heresy in one year is 400 a day, based on a 5 day work week.

Yes, I read it again--and again. Are you saying that Klipsch made that many Klipschorns in that one year. I guess I missed that part. Could you point that part out to me?

"I remember Andy writing about a one month in the late 70's or early 80's when Klipsch & Associates were celebrating a $1,000,000 in sales that month."

Perhaps you should read Andy's post again. Since he was working at Klipsch at the time and went to the party, I suspect Klipsch & Associates told him the reason for the part and that he related it correctly on the forum.

"I also remember his writing about assembling maybe 220 or more Heresy cabinets per day."

Read my post again. I didn't say or infer that Andy was the only assembler, nor do I believe he was.