m00n pops the top on a Hefeweizen and starts a Saturday Evening chat.

m00n

Art, I'm gonna go stand by the mailbox....LOL

I absolutely love my 5 kids, but 20-some years ago I wasn't really thinking about college tuition....and then when i started saving i put it heavy into tech.....so i got to start all over again.

just to cheer you up, don't forget that college tuition is just part of it....now there are cell phones, laptops to buy, car insurance, etc.....but i still believe that my kids education is the best investment that i can ever make.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

......and my 1st daughter, who graduated last june, is talking about getting married to that guy that seems to follow her around all the time.

Anyone want to sign a petition to do away with the ancient custom of the father of the bride paying for everything????

----------------

On 3/20/2005 1:51:32 AM st. patrick wrote:

......and my 1st daughter, who graduated last june, is talking about getting married to that guy that seems to follow her around all the time.

Anyone want to sign a petition to do away with the ancient custom of the father of the bride paying for everything????

----------------

Sure... Made my wife pay for it all. She wanted expensive, i wanted cheap. She paid for it. 9.gif

moon, look for the thread jorjen did here on reveneering the cw's with cherry. i was fortunate enough to buy them from him when he started doing the rosewood khorns. he posted pictures at various stages, and the final product is beautiful...............i also posted a thread regarding my wife's reaction when i brought them home.....and put them.....you guessed it, in the living room!!

you know what I did Patrick? convinced my duaghter to have a small family wedding and I would put the down on their house....saved me a bunch and gave them a good start...there was some initial hesitation but both her and her husband are glad they made that choice, and they still had a nice simple wedding and and put their money towards the honeymoon...

----------------

On 3/20/2005 2:02:34 AM arthurs wrote:

I have to interject here and ask.....How great is Van Morrison? This is some really amazing music....

----------------

Can't say that I've heard any of his music. I've heard of him on numerous occasions, just never heard his music.

Art, that sure makes alot of sense, especially with the cost of calif real estate. People get all excited up here about the escalating value of their homes, but to me, the depressing thing is that my kids won't be able to afford to buy a home in the town in which they grew up.

I am sure they will do fine somewhere, but i wish it would be close to us........but that said, my wife and i made a point of moving 90 miles away from our parents when we were newlyweds........maybe that's why my folks don't come to visit anymore LOL

we did the same except moved to Texas from Chicago....funny how similar some of the paths we all take in life can be....now on the other hand my Mom will be here this week for her annual visit, years later I now feel bad she has to travel so far when she wants to come to our home...

with his irish roots, ya gotta love him. i was a dj at my college radio station in approx 1969 and always signed off with "Brown eyed girl" as a tribute of my love for my high school sweetheart back home..........young and stupid i was pining away in colorado and she had found another young man to keep her warm on those calif beaches.............i still like his music though, but haven't thought of her in over 20 years

Patric, first loves make you do silly things.

arthurs, that is one of my biggest fears. i love my boys. I can't stand the thought of them leaving the general area. College is expected, but after that, I sure hope they find their way back home.