Simple False Corner

PrestonTom

I've often wondered why no one has ever built and added two little outer "wings" on the Klipschorn LF section to simulate a corner placement... it would appear to be fairly easy to add another layer of Birch along the angled back of the speaker than forward towards the front/LP.

Edited by Schu

The final picture of the false corner/wall in place puts all your hard work in perspective. Excellent work! I know this is an old thread but glad it was brought back up to the top. So you say there is pipe foam on the bottom of the false corner? Its all flattened out and squished then?

The final picture of the false corner/wall in place puts all your hard work in perspective. Excellent work! I know this is an old thread but glad it was brought back up to the top. So you say there is pipe foam on the bottom of the false corner? Its all flattened out and squished then?

Yes, as an obsession I crammed pipe foam under the very bottom. I am now convinced that detail indicated serious personality flaws and had no impact on improving the sound. Hey, why not ....

This brings back fond memories of when I had my Klipschorns. Thanks for reminding me and thanks for the compliments.

The idea really was simply to allow you to adjust the left-right placement and not be constrained to the room's corners. Hopefully it sparked some ideas for others to build on. Many of the threads on false corners (or enclosed backs) end up as massive constructions that g/f's and wives's will freak out at when they see them. Folks who are more creative than me will be able to better match the construction with existing architectual details in their own homes.

In the end, if she can still put that potted plant up on top of the K-Horn, everyone can live in peace.

My work is done,

-Tom