Tips for pilgrimage-ers

Applause to Klipsch for doing this again. Great PR of course, but they don't hafta, and they do. Kudoes to Trey, Amy and the Klipsch brass. Now, if only Klipsch would begin to run insets of the Klipschorn in their advertising, to keep before the masses the image of Klipsch as the father of THAT speaker.

I attended my first Klipschfest last year. Can't mnake it this year, but for whatever it's worth, from my experience:

1) If it is at all possible, get yourself there the day before (June 24) and groove with the Klipschters and attendees in an audio room or rooms that will be set up at the hotel, or somewhere. Last year I got there only the day of the factory events, and found that much of the coterie had already "bonded" from their audio-orgy the previous evening. Sorry I missed that.

2) Klipsch didn't allow photos within their facility last year so don't be surprised if they don't again. But please take and post photos of the audio-orgy and of anything else you can. Yeah, you're all beautiful but pictures of EQUIPMENT more than people, plse.

3) Give the cut-away Klipschorn a special pat for me. It's kinda old, worn and out-of-the-way but don't miss it.

Enjoy the pilgrimage. You surely will.

In the last couple of years . . . some of our august members came in tee shirts, shorts, and sandals. Pretty typical. It is mostly come as you are.

I, myself, attend in a suit and tie. There is a reason. I was at the 2001 in Hope and Ms. Valerie gave me, and the other pilgrims, a PWK tie. It has the image of a BS button on the reverse of the point. Appropriate for flipping. I suspect Ms. Valerie demanded these from the front office on the spur of the moment and told them to send the bill to Fred.

The classic BS button is also best worn on the reverse of a jacket lapel for flipping.

Formal dress is coming back into vogue. Perhaps sometime there will be a unveiling of an upgrade in Heritage products and we will all attend in tux, or at least jacket and tie.

Smile,

Gil