New HT Toy

IndyKlipschFan

It seems like Samsung is really start to make some head-way into the high-end HT market. It seems thier DLP TV's sure are turning some heads as well as some of thier DVD players.

Pretty nice to see a reciever now allow HDMI/DVI switching as well as upconverting.

I'll be keeping an eye out on a pre/pro that offers those same types of features (as I have no desire to give up my B&K amp, and I don't want to spend extra on amps that I am not going to use anyway)

Soo.. Will you be getting one? 9.gif

I would have to see one in action. It would take a lot to get me to consider changing from my Lexicon HT processors.

Even though they are getting a good reputation, I sleep good at night knowing my DTS and DD decoding is being done by a company that has had it mastered for years.

JM

This is for downstairs... HT room. I love the Aragon upstairs too much to part with it..(looks performance wise too,) But to duplicate it again downstairs. $$$

That is, unless I drag the Aragon Stage one and 2007 amp downstairs and lug a Denon 3802 upstairs. Ok, I might have to try this when the room is finished.

It is a dilemma.

"That is, unless I drag the Aragon Stage one and 2007 amp downstairs and lug a Denon 3802 upstairs. Ok, I might have to try this when the room is finished. "

Indy- that would really be just fine. You barely use that expensive Aragon gear upstairs anyway. A gazillion dollar amp just to play 'big purple dinosaur' to the kids, cmon LOL

Michael

Maybe its just me but I don't think I could ever display the Samsung badge w/pride.Thats got to be the worst name since Bonsonic.I should say I own a samsung monitor although I have thought about covering up the name,save for the fact that its now "considered" a good name.I also bought a samsung dvda/sacd player for a spare room,what a pc of junk.When I took it back the guy said we got a pile of these that have been returned and had 5 on the shelf.If I spent big bucks on a pc of audio gear I'd stay with a company that has a passion not a mission,just my .02.

My Bro. in Law is a big wig for Sun Micro.he travels alot has amazingly new gadjets before they ever even see the U.S.

He tells me that in Hong Kong and Singapore Samsung is top shelf. He says its been around longer than many we have come to know here in the states.