Need good reciever match with Klipsch?

sc03979

I was in the market for some floorstanders to match up with my yammie receiver. I tried the klipsch and they sounded extremely harsh the highs were 3x brighter then I liked. I wonder if I had tried a warmer receiver if I would have liked the klipsch. I ended up buying the jbl e90s which seem to be a perfect match for my receiver.

sc03979 writes :"I tried the klipsch and they sounded extremely harsh the highs were 3x brighter then I liked. I wonder if I had tried a warmer receiver if I would have liked the klipsch."

Who knows. "3x brighter," seems pretty exact. I have heard some people don't like the sound of Klipsch speakers. I've never met one in person (who has heard my speakers)--but they must be out there.

The last Yamaha I owned was the RXV-800 and it was "bright," at higher volumes in a larger room. I have heard others say that the newer Yammi's aren't as bright.

I switched to Denon receivers (4802R/3805/3803) and I love the way they sound with my Reference and Legend line.

If you took the speakers home and didn't like them that's one thing--If you were listening in the store there are alot of variables to consider. I watch ALOT of movies and concert videos and listen to DVD-A's/SACD's as well. IMHO there is nothing that comes close to my listening pleasure at twice the cost.

If you have found the "perfect match," Then my words are moot2.gif

I sold my yammie reciever because it sounded too bright with my speakers. Maybe only 1.5x too birhgt4.gif , but too bright none the less. I saved up and got an Arcam avr 300, which sounds really fantastic with music and movies. I've heard good thins about the Denon, although they weren't my choice. Also, Rotel makes a good sounding reciever for a price between Denon and Arcam. Good luck!

Scott

Sc03979 - I second tdkamerica, the Denons IMO sound very nice with the RF7s. In my case I get great bass from the RF7s and it has been brought up that they can be difficult to drive since they drop in ohms in bass frequencys. I can say my reciever does not seem to have that issue perhaps due to the fact it meets the THX standards which requires the amps to handle low impedance speaker loads. Good luck with the JBLs

Well I hope the e90s sound better than the e100s,I got a pair of 100s new dirt cheap and was a happy camper till I hooked to my Denon 3802.Wow,that was bad,I would never had guessed a speaker that looked so capable could sound so bad.I hooked my rb5s back up and was amazed at the improvement in sonic quality,the little 5s put the 100s down the road,to each their own.

Fish,

Those RB-5's are a heck of a speaker for their size. I picked up a pair to use as rears in my bedroom in a 7.1 set up and they were WAY to much. I wish I would have found them before I picked up the RB-75's to use in my main HT as rear surrounds. I got them for half price--now they are sitting on the floor in my spare bedroom until I can work them in somewhere--and I will.