Quality of HT Loungers?

Mikie

After only a few years of use the mechanical components in our recliners are falling apart & need to be replaced 7.gif.

I'd like to replace them with a set of 4 or 5 HT loungers that will last a while. I'd appreciate commments/suggestions that can point me towards quality manufacturers. Thanks -- Mikie

I looked at several brands and found premiere to be the best quality for the money.

http://www.premierehts.com/

They surely are not cheap (not the most expensive either), but I only wanted to buy them once. Many styles and options, very sturdy and appear to have great build quality. I purchased the "Grand" because I wanted smaller width and lower backs. Bijou had a cool look, Marquee was a wonderful chair in every respect and the Majestic was nice too. I can't give you a long term update as I am still waiting out my 8 weeks to get them so take that to heart and look closely for yourself. My dealer had at least 4 different brands and I had look at other stores as well. I would guess I looked at 6-8 different brands before settling on these.

Good Luck, Rich

I just bought a set of 4 of the Coaster HT recliners from Forum Member MikeWebb. Retail price for the 4 is about $1500, they are leather and leather match (on sides) mechanisms work nicely, and they're comfy. A nice feature is recliners that aren't too tall or too wide, so there's a more direct line between surround spkrs and your ears. Traditional recliners eat up all the sound. The Coasters are also arranged in a gentle arch so there's probably a foot between headrests when reclined. Packed nicely and easy assembly.

Michael

I'd recommend going over to avsforum.com....there are a lot of discussions over there about which are best.....

I went with the Berkline 90 models in a leatcher match. They are incredible. To me they were more comfortable than the other brands I tried, including Pallisades, Coaster and John Elway collection (those were too darn expensive).

I'd start with the Berklines, but don't be scared off by the retail prices. Anyone wanting berklines should go to rtheaters.com and speak with Roman. He will guide you through everything and give a great price.

----------------

On 4/5/2005 6:42:19 PM Audible Nectar wrote:

I wonder if La-Z-Boy makes anything suitable. They are the only mechanism capable of taking repeated flops for 25 years without a hint of separation or failure. I swear, the cloth will wear out before the reclining mechanism does......

----------------

Funny you should ask! Here's 3 of our 4 La-Z-Boy Matinee Theater Loungers in Tomato Red Microsuede. They also come in leather. Ours are 1-1/2 years old and going strong. We love them!Wanna know how comfortable they are? Just ask fellow Klipscher's colterphoto1 and micahel_hurd. They've both sat in them!

la-z-boy.jpg

Wanna know more? Go to: http://www.la-z-boy.com/ourfurniture/product.aspx?pid=100

post-10177-13819263976378_thumb.jpg

I have found the most comfortable alternative to the big and bulky HT lounger weve all come to know.

This is the only seating system approved and recomended by the N.C.A. I have never sat in a more comfortable recliner.

Its called the "Stressless" made by a scandinavian company called Ekornes , they have been making this type furniture for decades.http://www.ekornes.com There are so many different styles and colors to choose from.

I felt so blocked in with all the loungers we tried , then my Father in law, introduced me to his stressless, and wow.

They look great ,super comfy and will recline fully if you desire to nap. I prefer the chairs to the HT loungers , it takes all the pressure off your lumbar , I felt like taking a nap in the showroom. 10 yr. warrantee on the furniture, some of the finest leathers, and they even have screw in atachments for laptop tables and dinning ect.

Not the cheapest , but then again most loungers I looked at were about $1200-$1500 per chair.

----------------

On 4/5/2005 9:37:56 PM Skidmarks wrote:

I have found the most comfortable alternative to the big and bulky HT lounger weve all come to know.

This is the only seating system approved and recomended by the N.C.A. I have never sat in a more comfortable recliner.

----------------

Skid: Please, help me out here: N.C.A. ?? Please forgive my ignorance. I dunno who that is.

Just a footnote on the La-Z-Boys: The seat backs are BELOW ear-level so they do not block the sound from the rear speakers.

"Just a footnote on the La-Z-Boys: The seat backs are BELOW ear-level so they do not block the sound from the rear speakers."

Good note Picky, I particularly looked for that feature when checking out the Coasters I bought.

Your La-Z-Boy's are superbly comfortable, only problem is that spring-loaded-beer-eject mechanism (forewarned is forearmed) LOL!

Michael

----------------

On 4/6/2005 11:37:19 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

"Just a footnote on the La-Z-Boys: The seat backs are BELOW ear-level so they do not block the sound from the rear speakers."

Good note Picky, I particularly looked for that feature when checking out the Coasters I bought.

Your La-Z-Boy's are superbly comfortable, only problem is that spring-loaded-beer-eject mechanism (forewarned is forearmed) LOL!

Michael

----------------

i think that this is the design for most HT loungers....I know that Berkline follows this. Also, pricing for mine ( a leather match, manual recline) was about $550/chair including shipping (no tax). The power recline and built in subs are other options to add on.

Again, anyone looking would do well to talk with Roman at rtheaters.com

LOL Picky.

I just picked up a recliner and ott. Sweet stuff, although I had to grab a discontinued item for my wife wouldnt let me spend any more than 1k.

I will get the sofa one of these days , its around $2500

14.gif so it will be awhile.2.gif Truely the most comfortable chair I have ever slept in.