For a 'cable hater' - I am sure getting a nice collection of AudioQuest:

kenratboy

----------------

On 4/6/2005 8:37:54 PM MrMcGoo wrote:

The AQ component video cable is quite good, almost worth the price. It's the other stuff that is a total waste IMO.

Bill
----------------

Well, I would have not bought them if I didn't get a dealer discount. Anyway, they are pretty 3.gif

----------------

On 4/6/2005 8:42:59 PM minn_male42 wrote:

hey...

it's your money...

buy what you want.... you don't have to pay child support.....
YET!

2.gif
----------------

ESPECIALLY for the long component cable, I could not have got it for less on the internet (Blue Jeans, Better Cable, etc.), so it was actually very economical.

doing a quick search..... (and make sure that it is copper center with a copper braid).... 25 cents a foot

http://www.tessco.com/products/displaySkus.do?groupId=408&subgroupId=12

any name brand that is copper center/copper braid will also work well..... carol, beden, comscope, etc

for connectors....

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=092-110

$1.19 each for a neutrik nickle plated version

Part Number 092-110

$18.75 for the cable and 7.14 for the connectors...... add $10.00 for shipping (if you order the parts online).... about $35.00 total

find the parts locally ... roughly $25 or so...

all the cables in my system are belden RG-59 (copper/copper) with neutrik or switchcraft connectors..... (except for SVHS cables)... they all are made to the exact length required.... no extra cable laying around in loops or on the floor....

1.gif

----------------

On 4/6/2005 8:55:16 PM minn_male42 wrote:

get some belden RG-59 and some switchcraft or neutrik RCA connectors....

with some basic soldering skills you can make a great cable for even less money!

1.gif"
----------------

...and I'm sure with only some basic woodworking skills, I could make a pair of LaScalas.

I've got a pile of factory cables that came with my DVD player, tape player, VHS tape rewinder, etc. that I've never used. I'll let them go cheap if you need them. They sound just as good as anything you can buy or build. I mean heck, ware is ware isn't it?

Keith

Jesus, minn_male - here we go again with the RG-59 for passing high-frequency analog video. Funny, but as I watch basic cable on my TV, I think to myself "gee, this is really great video transmission - look at all the distorted color, the static, the snow, man I'm glad my cable company uses RG-59 to deliver this signal to me...

----------------

On 4/7/2005 4:56:03 PM Griffinator wrote:

Jesus, minn_male - here we go again with the RG-59 for passing high-frequency analog video. Funny, but as I watch basic cable on my TV, I think to myself "gee, this is really great video transmission - look at all the distorted color, the static, the snow, man I'm glad my cable company uses RG-59 to deliver this signal to me...

----------------

amazing that someone who sells audio/video equipment doesn't even know what cable the cable comapny actually uses....

the cable company uses RG-6 to bring the cable signal to your house!

additionally - the RG-6 is usually steel center conductor with aluminum or steel braided shielding

as for using belden RG-59 for analog video cables.....

what spec of belden RG-59 is inadequate for "high-frequency analog video"???

more importantly - what cable can you recommend that has a "better" spec than the belden cable??

on the following page - enter "8241B" in the search box to see all the specs for this belden cable

http://bwccat.belden.com/ecat/jsp/Index.jsp?&P1=undefined&P2=undefined&P3=undefined&P4=undefined&P5=undefined&P6=undefined

"Coax- Standard Analog Video Cable - 75 Ohm Coax Number of Coax: 1 RG Type: 59/U AWG: 23 Stranding: Solid Conductor Material: BC - Bare Copper Insulation Material: PE - Polyethylene Outer Shield Material: BC - Bare Copper Outer Jacket Material: PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride Plenum (Y/N): N Nom. Characteristic Impedance: 75Ù Applications: Coax Cables, Precision Video Cable for Analog and Digital, Standard Analog Video Cables - 75 Ohm Coax"

btw - if you rip apart many of those "high-end" cables that you sell to your customers - you will find the same construction as the belden cable listed above

I was thinking about this, why are there practically no studies posted to refute the cable war? Either cables produce an audible/visual difference or they don't.

Different people can hear different things, but to claim that one can hear something that cannot be measured by equipement is almost laughable. I'm sure if someone had the inclination there is equipment far more sensitive and detailed than human ears/eyes that could put this to rest and silence all but the most adamant priests of cable voodoo.