Heresy I's arrived - WOO HOO! w/Pic of 2nd system

codhead

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Codhead, I found a picture of a real Cod for your avatar. the one you are using now looks like a pike or a dolphin.

cod.jpg

Hope your not mad at me, it took quite a while to find this image.1.gif

Just lookin at that makes me want to go out and catch a few Cod just for the "cheeks". Dip them in some bread crumbs and cook 'em in some butter... MMMMmmmmmmm!

Rick

post-12829-13819264034302_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 4/10/2005 12:42:27 AM codhead wrote:

Thanks. This little system has turned out to be quite addicting. I'm happy that I've managed to select components that play so well together, but the Alnico drivers have left me wanting for an improvement in my main system. Another wonderful but frustrating audio experience!

----------------

At least with the heritage line there are only so many upgrades you can do LOL..

Cornwall-->LaScala-->Belle--->Khorn..... : )

Congrats on the Hereseys glad they are in good shape hate that bent box feeling...

Cod---I wouldn't attribute the difference in the mid sound of your Heresys and a Chorus to the magnet material; there are mechanical differences in the drivers far more important than magnet material. That and the basic difference in tonal balance between a Heresy and Chorus would make it difficult to distinguish a difference that would be caused by magnet material.

In other words there are far more important differences at work tham midrange magnet material; different woofers, tweeters and midrange drivers and horns for instance.

I've used drivers of far higher quality than those in question and been unable to hear a difference I'd attribute to magnet material. Don't kid yourself.