KSW-12 Subwoofer BLOWN FUSE

toussi1

My KSW-12 blew a fuse for no reason. The sub wasn't even loud when later i notice the sub was not working. I have read many other individuals with the same issue. I have always thought klipsch produced quality products... apperantly they don't know how to make a subwoofer... I tried calling their customer number, however it was busy (busy tone) all day.cwm45.gif

------------------

http://www.autodirectsave.com

• 3 weeks later...

boa, thanks for the re-laugh on the re-read. :-)

Keith

------------------

KSP-300 FL/R

KSP-C6 CENTER

SW8II C/SUB

KSP-S6 SURR

KSP300 SB

SW12II

SONY KP53XBR35 RP

DENON 3801

DENON DVD3300 DVD-AUDIO

SONY MDP455 LDP

ACURUS 125X5

ACURUS 100X3

MONDIAL M.A.G.I.C. BOX

PANAMAX MAX 1000

PANAMAX COAXMAX (2)

AQ SLATE

AQ COPPERHEAD

AQ SIDEWINDER

AQ VSD

TRIBUTARIES S-VIDEO

MONSTER INT.400MKIII

• 3 weeks later...

The fuse is not the problem on 1st generation KSW-12's.

I know for a fact that the manufacturer of the amplifier has been changed at least once if not twice, due to poor quality. The amplifier that is in the new KSW-12's has better components and is built a heck of alot better. I had the same problem and had to buy a new unit after having mine for only a year. (Purchased over the internet) I went to the manufacturer of the amp and tried to buy the piece from them without success. There is more to this than meets the eye. Changing the fuse value from 1.2A to 1.5A is trying to cover up a quality problem. Klipsch should step up to the plate and help out the owners of the 1st generation subs. They will loose a few loyal customers, myself included.

Darrellred, you are not correct. We did change the manufacturer of the amp, but that was not due to failures of the amp. The fuse embroligo (sp?) is just that. The amp manufacturer installed fast blow fuses where slow blow fuses were to be installed. Not too many units, but remember, the KSW-12 is one of the best selling subs on the market so lots of people have them.

Klipsch does not try to cover our blunders. This open forum makes sure of that. When we mess up, it is here for all the world to see. In this case, it's just a fuse.

Slow Blow, Slow Blow, Slow Blow. Hey, did I mention they need slow blow fuses? cwm20.gif

• 11 years later...
  • 10 years later...