BEST Speakers for Music

----------------

On 4/24/2005 9:41:32 PM ben. wrote:

I do realize that most of you guys were probably just trying to crack a joke, and that if you were a guest in my home (or vice versa), you'd listen with an open mind if I played you something that I liked. Just making a point.

----------------

I remember being in a situation like that. A friend told me I had to hear a song by Ice T & Body Count. First thing that went through my head was "Man, this is gonna suck." Turned out to be a Hendrix Tribute CD, with Ice T singing "Hey Joe". For anyone who likes Hendrix, give this a listen. The man can really sing.

You know, rap sounds great on my rf-35 based system. Even when there is heavy distortion in rap (and not all rap has distortion), you still want the speakers to faithfully reproduce the sound as recorded on the album. Whether you like it or not, the adding of distortion (or other rap-trinsic sounds) are artistic choices, and you don't want random speaker-induced distortion added in over the choices that the artist has made. If you guys don't like rap, that's fine, but there are certainly a few string quartets by Beethoven I'd pass over to pop in an Eminem cd. Cello concertos and choral music on the other hand...

Scott

----------------

On 4/24/2005 9:27:24 PM AZNracerx1989 wrote:

athena, axioms, psb, JBL, Polk audio etc.

are any of those goood?? Because Klispch is good when u go high priced.. but for aruond under 200 i think other brands are more of a bang for the buck

im not buying this for my computer.. its for some ppl i know.

----------------

Out of the above mentioned other than Klipsch (which you should get ofcourse). Athena isn't bad at all. Very big boom for the price. But it's seriously going to be tough to get a pair of speakers with major bass in that price range. Seriously hard. You'll have to buy used for really good bass in that price range. Me I got to have horns. When I was younger I ran cerwin vega they had loads of bass, but there a bit more than 200 I am thinking.

----------------

On 4/24/2005 4:45:20 PM AZNracerx1989 wrote:

What are the best speakers for music? I want to know the best budget speakers (under 200 per pair) and the best non-budget speakers (price doesnt matter)

----------------

that a really silly question. if there was an answer, we'd ALL have the same speakers, no?

now, why do you think their are so many different speaker manufacturers, with so many different offerings, out there?

2.gif

----------------

On 4/25/2005 7:31:05 PM AZNracerx1989 wrote:

they are good.. but old... im guessing new speakers today sound better..----------------

Wrong guess on a Forum dominated by old guys, many with speakers that are older than you are. Those of us who prefer Klipsch Heritage (most at least 20 years-old) prefer tham to anything new, including Klipsch.

Old speakers today sound better.