Klipsch H ?

seti

The model H basically is an early Heresy, though I've never heard one.

Those shorthorns are getting bid up quickly, which is fun to see since mine are NICER, and with sequential serial numbers. The sound is very good, but it is a better complement to the Klipschorn than it is a rival.

Chris

A Model H is on display at Marvin Electronics in Fort Worth. They used to be a Klipsch dealer. It is not for sale, but part of a display of vintage audio equipment.

The one on eBay looks nice. It would make a nice HT center for someone with Heritage mains.

I have the same Model H from a early 1959 Klipsch 3 way

set with one short horn, one khorn and the model h all A matching set.

I hope to win the one on ebay to make a pair.

They were voiced to keep up with the khorn, So there is no bass when played solo.

The h in moedl h stands for heresy.

• Like 1

The Model H has a slightly shallower cabinet and has a crossover between the woofer and midrange of 1000 hz instead of the 700 hz in the Heresy we all know and love. It has a little less low end than the later Heresies, but it's not horrible, especially in pairs.

Now, exactly what's a Rebel 7? It looks like an attempt to make a cheaper, tweeterless Heresy.

the rebel 7 was on ebay but the auction was pulled. i really want a pair of shorthorns for the bedroom. i saw some someone on the forum posted a while back and they just looked cool. i understand that they don't have much bottom end but they would be in the bedroom and mostly for nastalgia anyhow. Living in Arkansas I would have thought there would be more of these on our used market but oh well maybe i'll find some at a flea market some day.

remember their 16 ohms, an cut off about 49 cps, his first auction for the shorthorns ,has the crossovers pics, from all three in it, the model -h, an the shorthorns,one shorthorn has a transfomer on it's crossover board, the other has what i don't know? on it's board,2 caps side by side? maybe because of the different driver complement? an the model-h has a tranformer on it's crossover board ,but everything has a sticker ,really hard to price the set someone in the summer of 2004 on here bought some none matching shorthorns, grill cloth, logos, an drivers for $850 do a shorthorn search in, 2 channel ,i think? but not uncommon to have differrent components back then, but to have a matched set as above post states wow,going to be an interesting auction

----------------

On 5/10/2005 2:49:49 PM CaptnBob wrote:

My Shorthorns have consecutive serial numbers (1000 and 1001) and had mismatched components. They don't seem especially bass shy to me, unless you are really getting into heavy pipe organ or something.

----------------

That is good news what amp are you running them with if had a pair I would try to keep them as original as possible. I didn't like the blonde pair as much as I like the walnut pair I saw posted here. Hell I wouldn't even mind a mono system for the bedroom.

I've run them with a number of things. Right now they're hooked up to a McIntosh 6100. The best results seemed to come from a Mac MX-110 / Hadley 601 pairing or a Marantz 7-T / Mac 225 combination.

I did a great deal of hand wringing (and searching in vain) for a woofer to match either of the ones I had. (I found one once, but UPS took care of that for me...) I finally broke down and bought a pair that were period (EV 15WKs with phenolic surrounds in Klipsch crackle grey livery). They sound much better - both in imaging and in low end response - than the original "mixed bag" did. That eased my guilt feelings alot. So did finding good homes on the forum for all of the original drivers.

The speakers were shipped in their original cabinets - a pair of "Klipschkit" Shorthorns. They're not much to look at - WAF of "0" - but with some work, they could be made living room ready. I haven't decided if I want to sell them yet, but, if and when I do, I'll post them here first. I keep envisioning them with EV 12-TRXs mounted in them, and have gotten as far as making new motorboards, but well, you know how things go sometimes.

yep i lost by 1 sec an 20 some bucks, but i had to try, after losing the shorthorns, i layed of the model-h seeing other people want it here, hope some one here scored, i was going to try to keep the set together, but oh well talked to the seller on the phone, nice guy there from an 86 year old bay area musician,i offered some other deals, to try to keep the set together, an cleared myself to bid, i'm a zero feedbacker, so was the winner, will see if the other zero clears ,it was hard to figure out a price on those puppys, but i took a shot ,friday the 13th!well saved about 2k on that lose kit&kabodel&shipping,what shall i buy?

Well I lucked out and won the Model H I thought it might go up a lot higher in price.

Now I have a pair.

One of these day I'll have to post my Heresy collection .

This model h is very rare only ever seen three two of wich I Now own and the third a raw basic model with out trim.

This model H has the larger cabnet Same as the late heresy

but it has the 104 db crossover wich mates it as a center for Khorns. The bass output alone is rather weak with out a khorn or shorthorn ect.

Still I'm happy to have a pair maybe even iff the bass is weak can always add a khorn.

• Like 1