Bubinga La Scala's

cueman

Thank you gentlemen!! Tweeters will be sent to Bob for repair. I had no idea Cornwalls were this big. Wow !! They have the little pie logos. I think I will reveneer them in the original walnut. They are in great shape, just a few dings in the veneer here and there. Even with the blown tweets, I couldn't pass the up for $500. Also, these grills do not come off. At least not from the front. I haven't dug into them yet but are they attached from inside the cabinet?

Merry Christmas to all the Klipschters out there !!!

cornwalls

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Todd, if you do decide to replace the grill cloth there is 2 ways to do it. actually there is a 3rd way but i wouldn't do it. making removable grills is the best way to go

# 1- from the front cut out the grill cloth as close as possible to the motorboard. get a sheet of 1/8 " masonite from home depot and make removable grill boards.route out your openings. cover with new # 17 black cloth. this way is the easiest and fastest.

# 2 - remove all internal componets, remove the 17 screws that hold the motorboard in and remove the motorboard. remove all 5000 staples. reinstall the motorboard and make new boards as above. this is the method i used. klipsch used glue only on one surface right above the cutouts.

i posted a thread on here with pictures if that would help. i'll look for it.

It's OK the grills are in excellent condition. I have no intent to replace them in fact I am selling these speakers. I auditioned them side by side with my La Scala's and I prefer the La Scala's

In my book the LS would win too. [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y]

• 2 years later...