HOT BUY on Parasound - JC1 mono blocks!

mmiles

Brand new, factory warranty, NO STRINGS ATTACHED (just like in all other previous Parasound deal postings)!

Pair (2) of Parasound JC-1 monoblocks = $3,895.00 shipped.

Excellent deal on a world class amp.

For more information email me at: mmiles@icrinc.net or mmiles442004@yahoo.com.

Regards,

Mike

I'm waiting for someone to "step up" and try one of the QSC PLX pro amps. I just got done listening to mine hooked up to my son's AE-3 preamp, and the sound just left me shaking my head. Going through Partsexpress gives you 30 days to send it back if you don't like it, and the really great thing about that is you get to come back here and tell everyone how completely FOS and deaf I am -- now how can anyone possibly pass that up!

Actually Dean, I'd love to hear your take on some of the amplification you've had over the past 3 or 4 years if you had a month or six to relisten to the better ones. Your mindset and perspective have changed quite a bit, especially over the past year or so. It would be interesting, for sure.

I tend to move a bit slower and chew on things with the stereo system. Now my bass rig, that's another story. I tend to have very quick, visceral reactions to gear changes. My bandmates could tell you. Takes me about 2 minutes to rule an amp out. The finer points are evaluated for considerably longer (up to an hour).

Many of the mags raite it quite well as has been mentioned.

Absolute Sound, for one, considers it bargain!

Others say it goes toe to toe with the new McIntosh 400w monoblock for $1000 less MSRP, not to mention this slamming deal of the century...

There was one mag, I'll try to find it in my bathroom basket, that said it (JC-1) even gave the HALCRO monoblocks a run for thier money.

That folks is pretty high praise.

Regards,

Mike

The QSC's or Crown seem interesting for sure....the price is affordable compared to other a similar powered amps. They are almost so affordable it would be fun to try just for the heck of it.

Not having RCA jacks throws me off......they must make some kind of converter for the connections to allow use of my Denon #2900.

Jc's & Klipsch would be like a jet engine on a minivan.

Why on earth would you need 400 watts with a pair of Khorns?? Thats a little ridiculous..lol. For some reason Ive always found lower powered SS amps to sound better than higher powered ones. Im not sure why this is. May have to do with having only a single pair of output transistors or even a single one in a single ended design. Kinda like how a SE tube amp sounds better than PP. Not sure why but they just do. Ive always liked the sound of the smaller SS amps if the speakers didnt need much power like Klipsch. Anyone else feel that way?? Obviously if you have a difficult speaker load you eed the power but Im talking about speakers like Klipsch were you only need 50 watts or less.

I was somewhat jesting about the JC's

On the other hand quite serious about the QSC and Crown.

Simply put.....control. I have 2 identical recievers, a 100 watt and a 45 watt. The 100 watter sounds much better than the 45 watter, within the same system.

Colin, you can search out all the necessary information on the net, or through the multitude of manufactures currently employing the technology.

Why on earth would you need 400 watts with a pair of Khorns?? Thats a little ridiculous..lol.

Well, I'm using 300 watts right now, but whose counting. I normally wouldn't even consider such a ludicrous thing. I originally bought the amp as a short term solution, but the stupid thing ended up sounding so good, and now, the extra power is just icing on the cake. Speaking of power, you'd be amazed at how quickly those K-33's just soak it up. Seems the top hat goes up in small increments, while the bass takes off in big strides. Power meters on both the QSC and Behringer tell a quite a story.

The Klipschorn can swallow up a 100 watts faster than you think, then you are out of headroom! I am running 100W to mine but my amp is very conservatively rated. It's two channel rating is 400W X 2, but I run it 4 channel at 100W X 4.

No, on the contrary. No perceptable distortion, so the ears are fine with it. Not good from a health perspective though, so you might do a song or two like that, and then, if you have good sense, you turn it back down. Believe it or not, a 3 to 10 wpc amp sounds much louder at a 100db than my system does at those levels.