Can someone help me get a couple of copper Klipsch Logos?

formica

Can someone help me get a couple of copper Klipsch Logos?

I just wanted to order a pair from Klipsch (they are like 2.96$/each including shipping) but unfortunately them won't send them up to Canada. They recommended the Canadian distributor who charges significantly more (I already posted a rant about them when I wanted a K22).

Is there anyone who can order me a pair (actually 3 would be nice) and mail them up to me? 1.gif Obviously I'd reimburse (via PayPal non-credit card) the logos and postage...

Thanks in advance...

Rob

Rob:

I'd be happy to do it for you. However, are you sure it's going to be any cheaper?

I recently ordered a pair for myself. They were $2.26 ea. plus $4.52 shipping for a total of $9.87. I'm guessing it's probably going to be another $5.00 or so to mail them to Canada (unless you just want to have me stick them in an envelope and hope for the best).

Let me know.

James

Well if you're going to be at the klipsch pilgrimage then it would be no problem to just do a handoff there instead of doing that whole shipping business. Heck, you could probably even get Klipsch to have a few available for you there which would save again on shipping. Perhaps an american forum member needs to order them so that they don't worry about the whole foreign thing.

Thanks... I guess I'll re-call the canadian distributor before assuming which is better (I honestly don't remember what they quoted) and post the prices later...

Unfortunately I won't make it down for the pilgrimage this year... 8.gif ... but I'm getting another pair of Khorns for about the same price... 4.gif so it's not so bad.

Rob

I called... and they are 12$cnd/each (ummm.. that's about 9.50$US) + shipping and taxes. Quite a markup but they aren't that expensive... I'll have to think about it...

----------------

On 5/19/2005 12:28:26 PM Gilbert wrote:

Talk to Frzninvt, he's got a good connection for some really cool looking Pie-Slice Logos.

----------------

I saw those... they are actually offered by Klipsch and run about 12$US/each. I didn't ask about those here... but probably in the 36$cnd to 48$cnd range...

Rob

fini:

I don't have a picture, but it's the same 3" x 1/2" logo that's on all my other Klipsch from the '80's.

Someboby was selling a "NOS" pair on ebay awhile back that "came with my La Scalas" and some idiot bid them up to 35 bucks.

James

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to thank James and everyone for their help again...

I'm headed down to VT in a couple of weeks to pickup a set of Khorns from Chris Robinson, and he ordered me (and two other Canadian members) several sets so I can pick them up at the same time.

Isn't this a great community? 1.gif

Rob

----------------

On 6/1/2005 9:36:06 AM formica wrote:

I just wanted to thank James and everyone for their help again...

I'm headed down to VT in a couple of weeks to pickup a set of Khorns from Chris Robinson, and he ordered me (and two other Canadian members) several sets so I can pick them up at the same time.

Isn't this a great community?
1.gif

Rob
----------------

Undoubtedly the best forum on the web. I can't tell you how much I've learned since I started frequenting the Klipsch forum. Great speakers, better people.

David

Formica

Dont be so hard on the Canadian distributor. He probably will order them just for you. Think of what he has to do:

Get price from Klipsch

Enter part in his inventory system

Create Purchase order, Fax purchase order

Receive goods, pay duty and shipping. Enter into inventory

Take your order, your money, and reship them to you.

Enter Klipsch invoice into his Accounts payable, and issue a cheque, and lick the stamp and actually mail it!

This is alot of work for a couple of logos for 3 bucks each. Earning a few dollars each is not going to make him very rich! I am quite surprised that Klipsch charges so little.

Edmond

----------------

On 5/19/2005 6:41:19 AM fini wrote:

James,

What design badge are they selling right now? Do you have a picture?

----------------

Good question! I was told, by someone at Klipsch, that the copper strip type were no longer avaiable?!? I've seen two copper types: solid copper color with the name "Klipsch" and the pie logo in black and the same but with those light lines running through from left to right. Does anyone know for sure if the copper ones WITHOUT the horizontal lines are still available? If so, I could use a couple myself. Thanks!

----------------

On 6/1/2005 10:08:59 AM efzauner wrote:

Dont be so hard on the Canadian distributor. He probably will order them just for you. .... Earning a few dollars each is not going to make him very rich!

----------------

I understand what you mean... But your thinking too small. They are actually "the" Canadian Klipsch distributor and they said they have them stock.

I do agree that it's hard to make ends meet through selling 3$ items, but this isn't their core business and they aren't purchasing these one by one at the full retail price (2.26$US) ... but rather in discounted lots and paying these at the same time as the rest of their orders.

I guess it depends on how the company sees these sales ... 1) as customer service to their clients (Klipsch USA) ... 2) as a profitable side line with a captive client (Mircon)2.gif

Rob