Wake up in California!!!!!! Ebay Corns! $399+Heresy's

BS Button

Guys! I have spoke on the phone last night with DecibleLvr and he really seems to be a good guy who is blown away by the way he was treated.

The arrangements need to be made but I will be picking up all 4 speakers and keeping the Corns. I will be taking the Heresys to him about half way to where he lives.

Yes he got a great deal on them (we have yet to see them in person) but the offered price was still not bad. I would have jumped on the deal if I had seen it first and would have sold the Heresys myself. When you take into account that Klipsch speakers are not on every corner on the west coast and that there will be no packing charges, shipping charges, insurance to deal with or rebuilding damaged speakers to hassle over, The price of $550 which is the same as Royster offered his corns for is not bad. Granted that Royster is a trusted member and the condition of his speakers can be trusted and these are sight unseen but If the pictures are true, they should be in good shape but till you are there, you never know.

I expect to get a discount on the price in exchange for pickup and delivery so all in all, not too bad of a deal. I do understand that there are those who say, he made money and didnt do anything but honestly, he was in the right spot at the right time and he did offer them here first, not at the going rate of about $800 for EBay plus packing and shipping. He did not get the information for them from the board; he is continually shopping the papers, recycler, want ads and EBay for Klipsch. He is mostly into Ht and has a large local group of friends and family that he buys and sells Klipsch for.

I will post pictures and tell you all about them when they get home.

Cal,

$550 is a great price for even fair to good Cornwalls. The pair of 63's I bought in Miami for $500 (don't even get me thinking of my travel costs to Indy) sight unseen are mechanically sound, but the veneer and cane grilles were beat. Total revamp job needed. As you said, when you consider that $800 is the average price and $1000 for near mint Cornwalls (if such a thing still exists), you are still getting a good bargain.

I for one, ALWAYS appreciate when members can do whatever they can to purchase locally, from whatever source, to avoid having these vanishing giants placed in the mangling arms of any freight service. It is always painful to hear of the demise of any Klipsch speaker in such a manner. So I commend you and decibellvr for keeping it local. Always a good thing.

In the long run, the end result is that these Cornwalls are going to a loving home for a fair price. No one got hurt, a few of us learned a humbling lesson (myself included). All is well in Klipschland once again.

So Cal, counting the recent Heresy and Corn purchase, how are YOUR Heritage numbers stacking up? Got em all yet? LOL

Michael

LOL! my collection is starting to get a little crowded. The wife made "that face" when I mentioned the Corns6.gif

The Klipsch list now stands at:

1 pair Cornwalls (soon anyway!)

1 pair Forte 1s

1 pair Heresy 1s

1 pair Heresy 2s

1 pair Quintets

1 La Scalla pro top section

My son has the GMX 5.1 system I bought for him for Christmas so we have a "few" speakers around here.

My plans are to put the Cornwalls into my 2 ch system. The Forte 1s will then move to do duty as mains in the HT system. One of the Heresy 1s has been transfered to center channel duty and the pair of Heresy 2s will be moved into the rear surrounds. The remaining Heresy 1 will then pull duty as the rear channel. This then give me the La Scalla top section and a pair of Quintets without a job to do so they will likley be up for sale.

I moved the Heresy 1 that I rebuilt the crossover and back to center channel last night. I am not sure how I like it, the Heresy 2s are the current mains and though they blend well, the dialog is realy focoused to the center. I think the LaScalla had a little wider dispersion. I will need to play and see.

----------------

On 5/25/2005 9:53:31 AM fini wrote:

Wayne,

I agree. What he paid for them is irrelevant. Sounds like you're getting a heck of a deal. Good for you!----------------

I Agree. Whether I was the buyer or seller in a transaction, I have always said that it does not matter what a person paid for something, rather it's what it is worth that counts.

In other words, if a person won/found/inherited an item - that does not mean that it is worth zero dollars, just as when a person pays too much for something, does not make it worth more than fair market value.

Mitigating circumstances and special situations will often make an item worth more or less than market value to an individual, as is reflected in the posts above.

And before anyone feels sorry for the California Seller, remember we have no way of knowing the circumstances that prompted the sale and it could be that the seller has quadrupled the $399, through an opportunity that would have been missed without the buy-it-now being executed when it did.

----------------

On 5/25/2005 9:19:02 AM Cal Blacksmith wrote:

Guys! I have spoke on the phone last night with DecibleLvr and he really seems to be a good guy who is blown away by the way he was treated.

The arrangements need to be made but I will be picking up all 4 speakers and keeping the Corns. I will be taking the Heresys to him about half way to where he lives.

Yes he got a great deal on them (we have yet to see them in person) but the offered price was still not bad. I would have jumped on the deal if I had seen it first and would have sold the Heresys myself. When you take into account that Klipsch speakers are not on every corner on the west coast and that there will be no packing charges, shipping charges, insurance to deal with or rebuilding damaged speakers to hassle over, The price of $550 which is the same as Royster offered his corns for is not bad. Granted that Royster is a trusted member and the condition of his speakers can be trusted and these are sight unseen but If the pictures are true, they should be in good shape but till you are there, you never know.

I expect to get a discount on the price in exchange for pickup and delivery so all in all, not too bad of a deal. I do understand that there are those who say, he made money and didnt do anything but honestly, he was in the right spot at the right time and he did offer them here first, not at the going rate of about $800 for EBay plus packing and shipping. He did not get the information for them from the board; he is continually shopping the papers, recycler, want ads and EBay for Klipsch. He is mostly into Ht and has a large local group of friends and family that he buys and sells Klipsch for.

I will post pictures and tell you all about them when they get home.
----------------

Well he's a good guy reselling these things speakers to Klipsch forum members for twice what he pad for them. Good businessman too.