Wake up in California!!!!!! Ebay Corns! $399+Heresy's

BS Button

Actually, it was a tip from Thump that he capitalized on and offered them for $1800 BIN on eBay - a $1500 profit! What an ***! People did not call most likely because no one believed they could get a set of Belle's for $300.

It irks me when lurkers take the information provided in good faith to forum members and use it for their own financial gain. 7.gif

DecibleLvr says he'll "pass on his good fortune." Don't you think you should wait and see his price before calling him an opportunitic gouger? I understand the frustration, but let's give benefit of the doubt.

It looks like fini is the only gentleman on the forum.If you are interested, make me a decent Klipsch lovers offer and they are yours.I was thinking around $550 (for the Cornwalls).According to the owner they are 1st version in Walnut.Remember I have not had a chance to inspect!

Even though I am a wonderful person, I'm full up right now. Please pass the same offer on to the forum at large. Thanks for the compliment. I'm sure we'll hear some dissenting views...2.gif

----------------

On 5/24/2005 10:02:50 AM DecibleLvr wrote:

It looks like fini is the only gentleman on the forum.

----------------

Interesting observation.

Let's see, following a tip on the Klipsch Forum, you get a pair of Cornwalls and a pair of Heresies for a total of $399 and then you pass on your good fortune by marking the Cornwalls up to only $550. You haven't done as much as dust them off, since you haven't even taken possession of them. How exactly have you added to their value and done anyone a favor?

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 5/24/2005 6:37:10 AM Frzninvt wrote:

Actually, it was a tip from Thump that he capitalized on and offered them for $1800 BIN on eBay - a $1500 profit! What an ***! People did not call most likely because no one believed they could get a set of Belle's for $300.

It irks me when lurkers take the information provided in good faith to forum members and use it for their own financial gain.
7.gif

----------------

If he/she is taking tips off of the board and turning them for a profit I agree. This is not in the "spirit" of what this forum is all about!

However, if they are finding deals on their own why should any of you care? How do any of the accusers in this thread know which was the case with DecibleLvr? Looking at his (DecibleLvr) ebay buying/selling history and Klipsch forum for sale posts, I do not see any correlation that he is taking tips off of this forum and reselling items for his own profit? Maybe I am missing some of the facts, or maybe you are too?

By the way, be honest to yourself and fellow forum members; if the auction included professional packaging and reasonable shipping/handling, would we even be having this discussion, or would you have jumped on the auction yourself?

I will be the first to answer the above. I would have jumped on it in a heart beat! Personally, I would have kept the single Heresy and sold the rest. (Sure I could have kept them to make a second system or put them in my garage in hopes of making a second system in the future, but for me at this point in time, I only want one system.) In addition, I would have offered the remaining items for sale in this forum first. I would have offered a "good deal" to forum members. If my "good deal" didn't meet your "good deal" criteria, would I be a bad guy and get jumped on?

Again, look at my opening statement, I understand some of your frustrations. I also agree that people who troll here for inside information with the primary intention of turning a profit should be called out. In this case, I do not see any facts to prove DecibleLvr should be called out. Am I wrong or did some of us "vent" before collecting the facts.

My comments were NOT directed at DecibleLvr they were supposed to be a generalized opinion only, nothing more! I was expressing how I felt about previous instances where it has occurred. I was not implying NOR suggesting that he was in it strictly for profit/financial gain.

I would do the same thing by offering them for less than average cost to forum members but would sure want to make a few bucks, hell I am certainly not rich and can always use a little extra cash.

$550 for a pair of Walnut Cornwalls is still a good deal.

Peace Out!!

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 5/24/2005 10:51:36 AM Parrot wrote:

Interesting observation.

Let's see, following a tip on the Klipsch Forum, you get a pair of Cornwalls and a pair of Heresies for a total of $399 and then you pass on your good fortune by marking the Cornwalls up to only $550. You haven't done as much as dust them off, since you haven't even taken possession of them. How exactly have you added to their value and done anyone a favor?

----------------

Do you know for a fact he was turned on to the auction because of this forum? Or are some of you jumping to conclusions? This thread started on 5/23/05 @ 7:12:45pm (I am assuming CST being for Klipsch), the auction started and ended on 5/23/05 at 15:14:22 and 17:03:48 PDT respectively. I believe there is a two hour difference between PDT and CST? Draw your own conclusions, or better yet just ask him.

Ok, I bit on the Corns. At $550 it is not the screamin deal that he bought them for but with no shipping or packing and a inperson pickup, they are not way over priced. Perhaps we could deal a little more on the price.

The corns will go into the 2 ch room, the Forte 1s will move to HT fronts with the Heresy 1s moving to center and rear channels and the Heresy 2s moving to rear surround.

I hope the wife won't throw me out to live in my shop after this, she has been putting off the new kitchen for years and this purchase came out of HER money.

I feel sick to my stomach. Is that a good thing???

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 5/24/2005 11:02:49 AM Frzninvt wrote:

My comments were NOT directed at DecibleLvr they were supposed to be a generalized opinion only, nothing more! ...............

----------------

Noted!

This thread is like a snowball rolling down a steep hill and somehow DecibbleLvr is getting associated with the Belle deal.

Thanks for the back -up NHL. Are you the only one with the balls to call out these fools? I will set the record straight then I will not respond or offer any more items to this forum. I DID NOT GET ANY "INSIDE" INFO FROM THIS FORUM!!! I am more than capable of scanning ebay to find either what I am looking for or to stumble upon a good deal.This so called buy it now was up on ebay for over two hours!Maybe one of you so called "loyal" Klipsch fans should have taken advantage of the info on this forum and snapped them up for the good of the entrie forum and then sold them for what you got them for! Also, I am going to have to drive for a couple of hours to pick these up.As well as the fact that I am taking a chance sight unseen. Who knows, maybe they arent in great condition or even good condition. For all of you who feel you have some "rights" to all the Klipsch speakers on this planet, get over yourselves.For those of you who feel that I am offering you a good deal (as well as myself), feel free to say so. Maybe that will shut up all of the altar boys on the forum.

----------------

On 5/24/2005 11:35:53 AM DecibleLvr wrote:

Thanks for the back -up NHL. Are you the only one with the balls to call out these fools? I will set the record straight then I will not respond or offer any more items to this forum. I DID NOT GET ANY "INSIDE" INFO FROM THIS FORUM!!! I am more than capable of scanning ebay to find either what I am looking for or to stumble upon a good deal.This so called buy it now was up on ebay for over two hours!Maybe one of you so called "loyal" Klipsch fans should have taken advantage of the info on this forum and snapped them up for the good of the entrie forum and then sold them for what you got them for! Also, I am going to have to drive for a couple of hours to pick these up.As well as the fact that I am taking a chance sight unseen. Who knows, maybe they arent in graet condition or even good condition. For all of you who feel you have some "rights" to all the Klipsch speakers on this planet, get over yourselves.For those of you who feel that I am offering you a good deal (as well as myself), feel free to say so. Maybe that will shut up all of the altar boys on the forum.

----------------

My first comment was not aimed at anyone, just lamenting the deal that was only 15 miles away from me!!

I pmed back to you on the corns. I can pick these up for you if that will take some of the pressure off of you time wise. I work only 15 miles from the speakers and live in Riverside, I do not know where you are comming from, perhaps we could meet in the middle.

----------------

On 5/24/2005 11:42:14 AM Cal Blacksmith wrote:

I pmed back to you on the corns. I can pick these up for you if that will take some of the pressure off of you time wise. I work only 15 miles from the speakers and live in Riverside, I do not know where you are comming from, perhaps we could meet in the middle.

----------------

After his last comments I'm surprised that you would deal with him at all

As I remember itand I could be wrong

That belle idiot was not a forum member until he scored the 300 dollar belles from an old lady then came here to gloat about the good deal he got and offer them up on ebay for not-much-of-a-deal-reserve-price. We all taunted him and he had his girlfriend stick up for him and tell us all what a good guy he was. Amusing for a few days it was. But hey, there is no law against buying low and selling high last I checked. Be honest with yourself, wouldnt most of you happily given the lady 300 bucks and not a penny more then keep them for the sonic bliss they would provide? I doubt many would have said Oh, no madam please let me give you 1000 dollars not 300 Everybody likes a deal. Are you going to give a thrift store more then asking price for killer vintage LP? What about garage sales and classified ads?

The way I see it our dbLvr is getting the short end of the stick here. If you live in NYC or where ever and think those conrs/heresy were such a great deal pull the trigger on BIN and drive you car 3000 miles to get themsight unseenhow good do they look now? Or pass on the info to other forum members and be happy for their good fortune. Similar to what Thump has been doing with classified ads.

Once the cash is laid down the buyer is free to do with them as he pleases. No obligation to drive his A$$ around the state then pack them up and send them to another forum member for no profit. Some people do help others make purchasesbut that is not a requirement of the forum is it? You could argue that Heresies are worth about 400 bucks. So he got a free pair of corns in the deal. What is that worth 500 to 1000 dollars maybe depending on condition? Good for him. Now subtract his time, gas and risk. Are any of your lives going to be changed by a few hundred dollars?

Sure it would be nice if he is not going to keep them to offer them up here first at a decent deal, but I would not expect him to give up much too much by taking minimal profit here versus maximum on ebay.

Everybody has their idea of what the forum is about. Some good some bad. Help the good people, ignore the bad, but dont let them get under your skin.

The guy got a good dealbe happy for him. I am. I am also happy for Sputnik who got a great corn deal it sounds. GaryMD got a fantastic deal on khornshe deserves it! It will come your way some day.