should there be a 12 step program for vintage audio.

Hi, my name is Joe and I'm a MacAholic

My girlfriend has been trying to find some therapy for me since I started collecting vintage McIntosh amps in January:

2 MC-240

2 MC-225

1 MC-40 (with two more coming)

23 MC-30 (not including the two I gave up for adoption)

When she says I need help, I say yes I do.. please help me move these amps over a bit to make room for this one that just came in.. :-)

----------------

On 5/26/2005 12:24:40 PM Allan Songer wrote:

You have TWENTY-THREE MC30 amps. WHY? I used to have SIX of them and I thought THAT was a boat-load!!

----------------

They are fun to work on and I personally like the sound of the 30s over the other ones I have... :-)

----------------

You have TWENTY-THREE MC30 amps. WHY? I used to have SIX of them and I thought THAT was a boat-load!!

----------------

Allan,

I bet you have 20 or more copies of at least one album! If not, what LP do you have the most copies of? Just curious.

TWENTY THREE SINCE JANUARY? I might understand 23 picked up over a 10 or 15 year period, but TWENTY THREE in the last five months? It blows my mind. Now, if this is a BUSINESS I understand, but as a COLLECTION it just boggles . . .

I don't have 20 copies of any LP--the most at any time I have is 4 or 5. But I'll bet I HAVE owned at least 50 copies of quite a number of different titles over the years, just not all at once!

----------------

----------------

It is this kind of madness that I like, so I could adopt! Joe, I think for mental balance you need 30 mc-30's! 9.gif It would be insane, but very cool! 2.gif Maybe now it is also time to start looking for the best MC tuner, the MR78? (Why is it better than the MR80 BTW?)

----------------

On 5/26/2005 5:03:10 PM Timmikid wrote:
It is this kind of madness that I like, so I could adopt! Joe, I think for mental balance you need 30 mc-30's!
9.gif
It would be insane, but very cool!
2.gif

----------------

Timmikid, so with that logic, I would need 240 MC-240s, 225 MC-225s and 40 MC-40s.... I think I like that logic..1.gif

i get a handle on one obsession and another takes off. quit drinking alcohol and coffee consumtion tripled. quit smoking and my eating went out of control. will somebody please hit the 1000.00 buy it now on the unfinished birch la scala's in memphis. i promised my self that i wouldnt drive more than 500 miles one way for my second set. i can feel a full blown obsession coming on. the last time i checked they had been viewed 11 times.

----------------

On 5/26/2005 6:33:07 PM BS Button wrote:

Joe,

Do you have your ad campaign ready for Jaguar? Or Volvo? Anybody remember the name of this movie? Had the little english short guy in it from "10"

----------------

...Crazy People! Yep, that's where I'm at and where my girlfriend is going...!

I never really thought it would go this far, just wanted to get a tube amp that I could work-on that would sound good with my Khorns. As I fix them up, I'll most likely start selling them to fund my obssession! 1.gif