AMP: Outlaw 770 or Aragon 2007?

pythagore

The Outlaw 770 is selling at $1500-$1700, and the Aragon at $1700-$1800.

Into 8 Ohms: The Aragon is capable of 200W/Ch with only 3 channels driven(Probably around 140W/CH with all 7 channels driven) simultaneously, while the Outlaw is also capable of 200W/CH but with all 7 channels driven.

I'm also considering the B&K REF 50 200.7 AMP.

Which one? or please, suggest another 7 channels amp in the same price range.

Look at what they are capable of at 4 ohms and 2 ohms. This is one thing I've learned from the members here. If the amp doubles or nearly doubles it's output with each drop in impedence then it has a good power supply. It's not just about watts but the ability to handle dips in impedence also.

Read this post

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=63809&sessionID={033962A6-C8D9-4725-A6F1-F0A5783DF977}

It starts out about the 990 pre/pro, but there is some good discussion about amp quality, namely the Aragon.

I would look harder at the B&K 200.7, the Sherbourn 7/2100A, NAD T973, and the Gemstone.

Take a look at the photo of the internals on the Aragon 2007 as compared to some of the amps listed above, you'll get the picture.

I have an Outlaw audio 7100 (100 X 7 Channels Driven) and find it quite nice...forty some pounds so Frzn should like that...2.gif ...I don't think you can go wrong...if you don't like it you can send it back after trying for up to 30 days...Enjoy!

Bill