Pit bull vs. Lab and 7 bullets: Who wins?

Parrot

Yes, it's SO impressive listening to the same blowhards who are despite such big claims, ignorant of the law as it exists, and full of...bravado, so galantly brag about how they would delight in blowing folks away.

And to confuse you folks further (is this possible!?) I have NEVER defended illegal or irresponsible action in any way! But you are of course free to imply that I am a liberal or whatever other BS you would like. Ironically I disagree with both the left wing liberals as well as the religious right wing liberals who both feel justified in using the law to social engineer! Despite my belief that you are entitled to your wacko beliefs!

And the fact is that these issues have long since been debated with folks who are far more knowledgeable in these areas then anyone on this site.

The problem you halfwits have, isn't with me, it is with the law. And it must irk you folks to no end to know that your brand of lunacy, if actually practiced, will allow you to spend you time explaining to the other inmates how you were framed!

But now 'mom' has arrived and declared that the thread can be closed. The irony is that it never was a debate. A debate implies an analysis and exploration of an issue, not the simple emotional diatribe of a bunch of misfits who would make up for their inadeqacies with their self-righteous bravado designed to compensate for their feelings of impotence.

And I love your implications about my background! It simply confirms what was heretofore only suspected! But don't check! Then you might discover just how lame many of you who think (sic) you know, really are.

Gee, isn't it about time for the same few folks to initiate another argument over cables!?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 6/6/2005 11:03:31 PM dragonfyr wrote:

Yes, it's SO impressive listening to the same blowhards who are despite such big claims, ignorant of the law as it exists, and full of...bravado, so galantly brag about how they would delight in blowing folks away.

And to confuse you folks further (is this possible!?) I have NEVER defended illegal or irresponsible action in any way! But you are of course free to imply that I am a liberal or whatever other BS you would like. Ironically I disagree with both the left wing liberals as well as the religious right wing liberals who both feel justified in using the law to social engineer! Despite my belief that you are entitled to your wacko believes!

And the fact is that these issues have long since been debated with folks who are far more knowledgeable in these areas then anyone on this site.

The problem you halfwits have, isn't with me, it is with the law. And it must irk you folks to no end to know that your brand of lunacy, if actually practiced, will allow you to spend you time explaining to the other inmates how you were framed!

But now 'mom' has arrived and declared that the thread can be closed. The irony is that it never was a debate. A debate implies an analysis and exploration of an issue, not the simple emotional diatribe of a bunch of misfits who would make up for their inadeqacies with their self-righteous bravado designed to compensate for their feelings of impotence.

And I love your implications about my background! It simply confirms what was heretofore only suspected! But don't check! Then you might discover just how lame many of you who think (sic) you know, really are.

Gee, isn't it about time for the same few folks to initiate another argument over cables!?

----------------

Yeah, well, I guess after this post I should take back what I said earlier. You really are an idiot.

----------------

On 6/6/2005 11:03:31 PM dragonfyr wrote:

----------------

Oh CMon, there has to be something better to debate than cables. That's just boring. 2.gif

----------------

On 6/6/2005 11:08:32 PM johnellis wrote:

Yeah, well, I guess after this post I should take back what I said earlier. You really are an idiot.

----------------

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

Gee, I guess I can't define myself by your 6 functioning brain cells then, can I!?

Aw, come on! As you guys thrive on personal attacks rather then logical skills, I am disappointed that you can't do any better then that!3.gif

----------------

On 6/6/2005 11:47:16 PM dragonfyr wrote:

Aw, come on! As you guys thrive on personal attacks rather then logical skills, I am disappointed that you can't do any better then that!
3.gif

----------------

Eeeaaaasy... I've not sent out any personal attacks to anyone. 16.gif2.gif

I respect everyone's opinions even if they are wrong. 9.gif

----------------

On 6/7/2005 12:04:06 AM m00n wrote:

----------------

On 6/6/2005 11:47:16 PM dragonfyr wrote:

Aw, come on! As you guys thrive on personal attacks rather then logical skills, I am disappointed that you can't do any better then that!
3.gif

----------------

Eeeaaaasy... I've not sent out any personal attacks to anyone.
16.gif2.gif

I respect everyone's opinions even if they are wrong.
9.gif

----------------

Relax Moon! You're fine, if just a little misguided!2.gif9.gif

I think it's just the quality, or the lack thereof, of the company you keep! 2.gif9.gif

Ben, you're right.

Honestly, I was surprised because I had heard that poodles were used as watchdogs and could be quite vicious. A quick google search revealed that "Canis Familiaris Aquatius" was indeed a water dog AND that the haircut actually served a purpose.

Many of us might benefit from checking the facts before assuming that we know the truth. Personal fears and beliefs play a role in everyones life and we all are entitled to have them, but they are not necessarily the truth.

Unless any of you "average" homeowners have been in a hostile situation(person or animal) you have no way of konwing how you would react to a threat. There are training classes for the general public and some very goodone at that. That explain and show how to deal with a hostile situation. My suggestion is for you to take one and see and feel what goes through your mind in that instant.

Society in general is good. There will always be a few bad apples both human and animal. As humans we have the ability to rationalize. As an American Citizen our History and Heritage shows that we have rights and obligations to ourselves and others. You have a right to Life, Liberty and the pursuite of happiness, vote, choose your religion, choose your own career, drink alcohol, smoke(cigars/cigaretts), own a home, eat what you want, drive a car, own a gun and a long list of other things as well.

I'll be damned if I am going to lest some one that has no respect for the rights of myself and my family take them away.

You don't have to like or agree with my hobbies or life style. After all I may not agree with yours. That does not give me any rite to take them away from you. And you have no right to take them away from me. You live your life the way you want to and I will live my life the way I want to.

As Americans we have become "fat, dumb and happy". Driving our $50,000 SUV's, Living in our $500,000 homes and thinking that nothing can take any of that away. We are so wrong and should be very thankful for what we have. Open your eyes and look around the world better yet look around our own country.

Just for a bit more of an international take:

There was a severe problem in the UK with Pitbulls during the 80's. At one point there were virtually daily news stories of children being mauled and killed by one or more dogs.

In the end they were banned. Additionally various larger dogs were identified as being potentially dangerous and are only allowed out, in public, muzzled.

Owners are now held accountable for attacks by their dog as they would be if they had committed the attacks personally.

It seems to work - at least the reports of Dog attacks have dwindled to almost none.

Of course all guns are banned anyway in the UK. If someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night the only thing you are allowed to do is breath on him hallitotically.

Just as an aside. I have 2 dogs - a Belgium Shepherd and a Beagle. The Belgium will run from anything - EXCEPT when at home - where she would certainly go on the attack if anyone messed with either my wife or my daughter or, when she meets a Pitbull.

For some reason I have never fathomed she loathes Pitbulls with a vengeance. When I see one in the street I cross the road immediately because I know she will try to attack it. Of all the goddammed dogs to want to start a fight with!

The other dog is a Beagle. Not scared of anything - a moron! He has almost no teeth (bred to have tiny teeth to not damage the birds it is supposed to bring back to you), vulnerable large eyes and big floppy - bite me ears.

He only attacks very large dogs (when he gets of the leash - which is not often and purely there for his own protection).

One time at the vets we are sitting in the waiting room opposite a very large Rottweiller. The Rotti is behaving perfectly sitting at his master's feet. The Beagle is bidding his time till my concentration wanders.

In a split second he zooms like a flash across the short speace between me and the other dog and collides with the Rotti's mid-drift with a thud. The Rotti is felled - taken completely by surprise and the Beagle jumps up - over him and ends up sitting on the Rotti's back proud as punch.

There is a momentary pause - nothing moves - and then a dull roar like thunder emanates from the aforementioned rotti as he rises from the floor - with the Beagle now riding side saddle. Fortunately - the owner who is shrieking with laughter manages to fall on his own dog holding him down long enough for me to grab the Beagle.

In the end he got away with it. I did feel very sorry for the Rotti though - he was mortified and couldnt understand why his owner wouldnt let him come out for round 2 - which the maniac Beagle also fancied.

Still I left the owner still laughing half an hour later when I came out of the vets.

I have since started going to another vet.

And just to cap it all off - a final note:

Over the road from us is a woman with a miniture poodle. I mean miniture - cant weight more than 10 lbs - probably not as much as that - looks to be about the size of the Beagle's head.

Wouldn't you know it - they are both TERRIFIED of it! It is real yappy and excitable and scoots around us like an oversized mosquito. My 2 panic every time. It is so embarrassing! This little white dot is buzzing round and I have 2 dogs that are 10 times the mass combined trying to climb up me out of the way.

Dogs!!!

----------------

On <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />6/6/2005 10:40:24 PM johnellis wrote:

Have you ever lived in inner city Memphis? Have you ever had an armed crack head in your house climbing your staircase at 2:20 a.m.???? I think not!! Had it not been for my dog I might not be here typing this. As the guy was running out the door, I called him off. My dog had already chewed him up fairly well. But then, I had a change of heart and allowed bob to have at him again in the driveway. I wanted to send a message to the other bro's in the neighborhood also. It worked. I can assure you, this guy would have killed me if given the opportunity.

Furthermore, listen to Royster. He is correct in what he is saying. As for you, well, you're abviously and idiot. Well, maybe that is a bit harsh. Most likely you would invite the intruder to sit down and "talk" about it.

----------------<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Lived in Memphis!? Are you kidding!? I Love Tennessee and lived there for many years after moving from the Washington, DC area, but I chose to avoid TN's slum except when we worked Mid-South Coliseum!

And as far as "Have you ever had an armed crack head in your house climbing your staircase at 2:20 a.m.????" Let's see! An armed person presenting a lethal threat....Hmmm... Seems to me that by the law's definition (as none of the definitions and interpretations have been My definitions!) that this presents a lethal threat, and one is justified to address a lethal threat with lethal force! As lethal force is commensurate with a lethal threat!

Perhaps you should sit down and re-read that paragraph again!

And where do you get this invite the intruder to sit down and "talk" about it crap? All because I support an accurate assessment of the real situation as opposed to your preconceived justification for the use lethal of lethal force? But gee whiz Barney! I just thought we would see if lethal force was indeed justified! And if so, then it is appropriate to use it!

Oh, but I forget! You dont actually read and think! That would simply cloud your judgment and slow your reaction time! (I suspect by a factor of Years!) You would rather respond based upon your preconceived knee jerk decision to use lethal force regardless of the reality of the individual situation. One wonders why the words responsible and appropriate are so frightening to you!

And so you attempt to use this scenario to discredit what I have said? It seems perfectly consistent with what I have said! (Except I am not so stupid as to live or hang out around Memphis!) Which words were so confusing to you that you missed that?

So as for your claiming that I am "abviously and idiot", there is a certain irony here that I am sure will escape your erudite insight!

And as far as being referred to listening to someone who enters a situation having already justified using lethal force as long as you excuse it by chanting the mantra I was in fear for my life and I thought I was going to die, I believe a more accurate assessment of a situation is prudent and more responsible, followed by proper action appropriate to the situation, be it lethal or non-lethal force! And I find it sadly ironic that a member of law enforcement disagrees with this! And I know for a fact that truly qualified and professional law enforcement officers fear this kind of gung-ho bravado like the plague! I just pray that I never encounter a Barney Fife who enters a situation and has already justified using lethal force without accurately assessing the actual situation!

And as far as your challenging my right or basis for commenting on these issues and my qualifications for doing so, or my politics which not one person here has accurately grasped (liberal!? Ha!!!) Hell, I seriously suspect that I am more radical in my belief in a strictly defined, limited government then any of you self-righteous rocket scientists!

And as far as being exposed to truly professional law enforcement on a 24/7 basis I will gladly put my sources for such up against any of you folks! I much prefer to associate with truly skilled and professional law enforcement officers, of which I am blessed to be associated!

And regarding the legal interpretations, I will gladly put my personal sources up against any of yours as well!

So if you want to pursue this, I am more then willing! But may I suggest, rather then airing personal business here, of which most have no business being privy to, that we let a reputable, independent, and qualified individual of class (and sufficient security clearance) such as Dodger act as judge? I have no problem addressing this issue with regards to my personal or professional background! Be it with respect to this issue OR with respect to credentials in audio! So bring it on!

As it is truly fatiguing to listen to the same folks continually misrepresent ones stated opinions in their macho pissing contests justifying their solutions which thus far have been limited to banning and killing in the name of freedom. Not to mention debating cables!

!

One possibility for controlling a pitbull: Tell him that if he ever mauls or kills anyone, he will be tied down and forced to hear someone recite dragonfyr's posts. Certainly by the 7th or 8th paragraph, the dog will promise never to bite again, if only he doesn't have to listen to the same old rehash over and over.1.gif

----------------

On 6/7/2005 9:53:44 AM Parrot wrote:

One possibility for controlling a pitbull: Tell him that if he ever mauls or kills anyone, he will be tied down and forced to hear someone recite dragonfyr's posts. Certainly by the 7th or 8th paragraph, the dog will promise never to bite again, if only he doesn't have to listen to the same old rehash over and over.
1.gif
----------------

Squawk Squawk Squawk

More noise, no substance!

Put up or shut up!

Squawk Squawk Squawk

The chicken with fancy feathers!

Where are all your other 'mouths with legs' who attempt to justify their positions by simply denegrating others and challenging other's credentials?

Funny how only you and a select few poor souls seem to have such trouble with the world of pitbulls and violent crime! And logic! Did someone dare to disagree with you? Poor babies!

So let's see your grand credentials, as you think (now there's an inappropriate use of a word!) others aren't qualified to enter your rarified world of BS! But now you run away as you declare yourself above your game!

Squawk Squawk Squawk

What will be your next crusade? Killer rabbits? Or more cable talk!?

Squawk Squawk Squawk