help i want khorns but need to sell. la scala and

i have a decent pair of lascalas, and a very nice pair of heresy 2's, first the scalas, they are 1977 models, they work flawless with bec rebuilt AA xovers, the cosmetics are the slight drawback these are the birch model stained a dark walnut, a previous ouner got acareless with the sander and went thru the veneer in 2 places 1 on top, and the other on the front next to the tweeter shows up as dark spots,

the heresys 2, are oiled oak and are as close to perfect as you will find, they have the black grills on them check out the pics i would sell them togeather or seperate, in pairs onlyi would like to get 350.00 for the heresyes and 800 for the la scalas i can ship either set at a buyers expense10.gif Joe

If they are in that good of condition, PLEASE don't ship! Both you and the buyer will be disappointed when your Klipsch Heritage are destroyed in transit. Too many horror stories here. Please insist on local pickup. Many of the guys here are probably willing to check out, pick up, and hold for a remote buyer until he can visit the beautiful Atlantic coast.

Please.

Please...

Michael

hey colter i have also been the receipient of some poor shipping practices, i have a way of shipping though that has served me well with 3 differant pair of speakers i had a set of corns shipped to me, i shipped out a set of infinity kappa 8, and a set of heresys all with no incidents what i do is go to lowes and buy 1.5" high density foam and cover all 6 sides of the speakers then i wrap them in cardboard with the foam completely surrounding the speakers they have to be really neglagent and actuall puncture them or stab them to damage as dropping would only smash the foam i use, as far as the scalas i would probably have to go thru forward air to be cost effective and i would wrap with the foam and then set on a pallet strap them down then build a plywood crate around them i think they would survive that fine i was quoted a year ago 141.00 to have a set shipped to me in md and the seller lived in ca thanks for the input though Joe

That solid foam is the only way to go. I was of course speaking generally about the shipping industry and not your method of packaging. Just a little heads up. I received a HK 730 receiver packed in 1" of blue foam and it was perfect!

M

----------------

On 6/6/2005 8:29:17 PM Dylanl wrote:

Joe have you found a pair of Khorns that you are going to purchase? If you have the corners and the space to allow the horns to sing I do not think you will ever look back.

----------------

talking back and forth with the guy in pa that has them on a-gon, hoping to work it out so i can get them, my current situation is not good at all for the k-horhs but i will be moving at some point and i would like to have everything togeather before that comes along, actually the la scalas are to big and spaced to close for my current house, i do have good corners but they are only 12 feet apart10.gif joe

----------------

On 6/6/2005 8:30:53 PM Piranha wrote:

Michael,

You and Roger aren't looking for more? I have a pair of 76's here in So Cal I might just part with if you want to do a real road trip.
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif"> You could go East to Joe's and then West to my house.
9.gif

----------------

I AGREE MICHAEL COME GET THESE 9.gif9.gif JOE

Joe,

I wish I could help you out but I'm trying to sell stuff to get a pair of Khorns myself.

I would just like to add that if anyone in your area is looking for a great deal for a pair of Heresy's talk to Joe. They are beautiful.

Danny

----------------

On 6/7/2005 5:09:01 PM smuttynose wrote:

Joe, you and rockbobmel need to get together. He wants to sell his horns, maybe he needs some scalas? Where are you in MD? I may be traveling down that way at the end of June.

----------------

i would love to wheel & deal, send him my way, i live in southern maryland pm me for a better location 10.gif Joe