ebay 'second chance'?

Here's a reply from my 'seller' after I expressed interest. He wants too much info too early and has a ready-made answer for my willingness to pick up personally:

The only thing that you have to do to get the deal started is to give me your full name and address for the shipping and your ebay user ID and after that I'll inform ebay to start the official procedure and they will contact you via email and will tell you what you have to do to complete the deal (payment instructions + refund policy + protection tips) ! One more thing ... The shipping of the item is free because I recently signed a contract with UPS and they'll take care of my deliveries for me !

Looking forward to hear from you !

SCAM SCAM SCAM

Michael

Geez, that 'sellers' reply just screams SCAM!

I'm still trying to figure out this part:

"I'll inform ebay to start the official procedure and they will contact you via email and will tell you what you have to do to complete the deal (payment instructions + refund policy + protection tips) !"

How do you 'inform' ebay? What's to inform? You either accept the bid or you don't.

Watch....he'll be asking for a Western Union payment sent to somewhere in BFE next...

i always ask ..." why do you need my ebay id ..?? i have already bid on your auction, go back and look .. i went to the bank today and took out the cash, i was thinking of FedExing this to you to "get the ball rolling" , quick ..."

then i endlessly dickem around on delivery details, untill they get tired, oh so tired of the endless inane questions ....11.gif

Through eBay I received a "second chance" offer to BIN at my high bid of $511.00. I hit the bid button and paid through PayPal. Now I'm listening to the Cornwalls as I type. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The best part is the seller bargained herself down to $475, due to an insignificant bit of loose veneer. I left with the Cornwalls and $36.00 in cash.

While it pays to be cautious, not everyone on eBay is a crook and not everything is a scam.