What Speakers?

DJB

Hi everyone

Im new but been lurking for a while:)

I have a Marantz 2325 Receiver hooked to *hangs head* Bose 901's

Now the question at hand is, What Speakers would match nicely with this receiver?

I have a fairly lg room at around 20" X 18" with very high ceiling

I have been looking at the La Scala's but I just don't know enough about Klipsch speakers to make a good match up for my amp

Thanks for any light you could shine on my little problem

DJB

ANY Klipsch speakers will be terrifically more efficient (read: LOUDER) than those Bose. As Cal related, yourlistening tastes and room size will dictate more than your current receiver type. Also your use of HT vs 2ch music listening will make a huge difference in how your speaker dollars are spent (2 speaks vs 5 or 7).

Help us help you...

Michael

I'm sorry yea I guess I left some things out

I like Classic Rock and I like my tunes at or above ear bleeding level2.gif

well when my wife is not around!

This is a 2Ch system but I will jump off the HT cliff later on LOL

As for the room it is 20' x around 18' and the celling is cathedral style around 20+' high

As far as hearing the La Scalas, I did hear them a long time ago and fell in love with them1.gif

Well I hope this helps a little more

Doug

DJB, then please post a WTB (want to buy) for what you want and your price range and area. Someone here will come through in time. Just be patient and please, please, buy speakers close enough that you can personally inspect and carry them home.

Michael

Unfortunately the KH are not really what I want as 1 there huge and 2 my living room is pretty full of furniture and my wife would not stand for a speaker system that large8.gif

But after a little more reading on here and talking to some folks I think the CW would maybe fit my taste a bit more

As I understand it they have a better bass range and dig a bit deeper with the bass.

I would rather not have to get a sub but if I have to I will

I am slowly loosing my hearing so I want to enjoy some quality sound while I still can1.gif

Thanks for all the advice!

Doug

Keep in mind, though, that Khorns are pushed into corners, and surprisingly enough don't have that big of a footprint. Cornwalls, on the other hand, are often not in corners, and often pulled away from the walls too. So they can easily intrude into a living room and eat up more space than Khorns.

I have a "similar" sized room. 18'x25', with cathedral ceilings about 15' high.

I use Forte I's and they fill the room with sound quite nicely. I do have four of them for HT, but when listening to 2-channel, they play plenty loud enough for me.

I've not heard Cornwalls, but the specs indicate that the Forte's go just a tad deeper than the CW's, and have a smaller footprint.

I know you're looking at LaScala's but I'm just providing another option. I've always found "options" to be a good thing.

Colterphoto1 said, "Just be patient and please, please, buy speakers close enough that you can personally inspect and carry them home."

So driving from Indianapolis, Indiana straight through to Juno beach Florida just north of Miami is too far? LOL

I would do it again in a heartbeat!!

Just get someone else as a great travel buddy / co pilot and off you go! I know I did!!

I agree, if you liked the La Scalas then... Your probably going to love them all over again too!

My wife greatly prefers the KHorns in their corners to their predecessors; limp-wristed little sissy boxes (ie, monitors) on stands, out into the room a bit.

She places this n' that on top of them, and places plants in front of the bass bin. She's happy, and cares nothing for stereo.

We have the added benefit of having them in a room finished in 4'x4' oak library panel, against which the wood finish fairly disappears. Which makes those strange white boxes in Michigan make sense...if the room works for them.