Acurus 200x3 - Initial Impressions

dougdrake2

Sorry to hear that boa.

Before I moved to my present residence I had an electrician install a base plug for use with my HT.I remember he made a home run,drove a ground rod outside,

and connected ground rod to circuit inside box.Don't remember anything else except that I didn't have any ground hmmmm with the 100X3 Acurus.

Hope this might help(grasping at straws!).

Keith

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks keith. maybe i'll try another electrician. this one supposedly knew audio but seemed clueless about ground loops. though did claim he got 132db in his car once. Biggrin.gif

oh & keith, what is a base plug? these guys need all the help they can get.

This message has been edited by boa12 on 09-26-2001 at 10:43 PM

boa,posted above after another 14 hour day!Should have said wall outlet.

What I think the guy did was run the wire for the new circuit to the main power panel and instead of attaching ground wire to ground strip inside power panel,he made a connection inside panel to the outside ground rod ground wire which ran to the power panel.I don't know if that is correct or against the law or even smart but I pretty sure that's what he did. Anyway I had no problems whatsoever.You might consult a qualified electrician. Biggrin.gif

Did you try attaching a wire from the optional ground on the magic box to the amp(without the cheater attached)? You might try to find a bare spot(no paint) on the amp and clip a bare wire end to the amp with a clothes pin or other temporary type device.

Again,grasping at straws! I thought there would be someone here that would have a solution to this simple problem.Maybe not.

Good luck boa.

Keith

Something amazing just happen, received my monster HTS2500. Unpluged all power cords from surge protector and moved to hts2500. That nasty buzz I had since I acquired acurus is almost gone (noticeable in less than a foot). I really have no idea what happen, The only logical explanation I can think of is that I connected coax cable to hts2500 first and then to TV. I guess the the filter in hts2500 works.

------------------

Klipsch RF7

Klipsch RC7

Klipsch RS7

Denon 3802

Acurus A200x3

AQ Slate Spr cables