Jubilees

6foot8

With the Jubilee, Klipsch has neatly solved the problem that plagues so many Klipschorn owners: Ring damage on top from potted plants being watered.

6foot8: Have you tried the Jubilees along your long wall, if that's possible? Khorn owners often find that is the preferred location for their speakers.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

I was auditioning some different cds tonight and thought I would share my thoughts if anyone is interested. Comparing to my La Scalas (not a true a\B) any longer here's what I found. The biggest difference I found tonight was suprisingly in classical (I listened to jazz and light classical). I started off with Maynard Ferguson's "Birdland" whom I have met and seen live numerous times and only really percieved big differences in the bass (harmonics below 70 hertz) more specifically. He sounded real good with either set of speakers. Then I moved on to Paul Duckas "L' apprenti sorcier" performed by the Los Angles Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Andre' Previn on a Phillips CD recorded in 1990 and ... WOW this is where I really heard the music come to life! The timpani's ripped through my chest and only with a few watts of power! The string basses harmonics filled the room with "warmth"...I have heard this performed live before and the senses remember! Then I moved on to a Telarc cd of Tchaikovsky's 1812 performed by the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra conducted by Erich Kunzel. If anyone owns this cd turn the amplifier down that drives the woofer cabinets...else a woofer will be accelerate dthrough the cabinet! Then I listened to another Telarc cs..."Also Sprach Zarathustra" performed by the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra also conducted by Andre' Previn and then original Batman soundtrack track 10 and was equally impressed. Oh, by the way the pipe organ in Saint-Saens Allegro from the 3rd symphony....WOW! You know the track...has anyone ever been to Disney's EPCOT and gone to the Canadian 360 degree expo where they feature Saint-Saens and the hair raises up on your arms and back...then you know the tune!

----------------

On 6/22/2005 7:08:15 PM 6foot8 wrote:

... Then I moved on to a Telarc cd of Tchaikovsky's 1812 performed by the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra conducted by Erich Kunzel...

----------------

One of my favorites. I think cannon are grossly underutilized as musical instruments! 3.gif9.gif I like the sound out of my Khorns but it must really sound great out of your behemoths!

Thanks Scriven, but I'll bet when compared to the khorns there is not as much difference as one would imagine. The Khorns are such fantastic speakers that in order to get anything to sound just a little bit "better" I'll bet would cost an inordinate amount of money.

----------------

On 6/22/2005 7:15:31 AM Frzninvt wrote:

I see those and that old Maxell tape ad comes to mind, you know the one with the guy sitting in the chair being blown away.

----------------

Ah, yes, the Maxell ad with JBL Centurys. One of the most popular speakers ever made. Even with its faults.

"Wow! My Adaware SE Plus zapped that site before it loaded DJK. If you visited there, do a spyware scan."

I have Ad-Aware SE Personal, Spybot, and have tried others. Nothing seems to help. Any other suggestions? Running XP.